Canfor Corporation is a Canada-based forest products company, engaged in lumber business. The company operates in Canada, the US, Europe, China and Japan. The company operates through two segments: Lumber, and Pulp and Paper. Canfor's Lumber segment includes remanufacturing operations of Lumber products.
The segment offers an annual production capacity of approximately 5.9 billion board feet of lumber. Canfor’s Lumber operations also include one finger-joint plant, two laminating plants, one whole-log chipping plant and a trucking division. Canfor markets Lumber products throughout North America and overseas, through its sales offices in Vancouver, Canada; Myrtle Beach, Mobile and El Dorado, US; Tokyo, Japan; Seoul, South Korea; and Shanghai, China.
Canfor’s lumber business segment also includes a 60% interest in the Houston Pellet Limited Partnership, which has an annual capacity of approximately 225,000 tones of wood pellets, and a 50% interest in Anthony EACOM Inc., an I-joist producer located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario with annual capacity of approximately 54 million lineal feet. In FY2016, the Lumber segment reported revenues of USD3,133.2 million, which accounted for 74.0% of the company's total revenue.
Canfor's Pulp and Paper offers purchase of residual fibre, and production and sale of pulp and paper products. The segment operations includes the kraft pulp and kraft paper business of three northern softwood market through kraft pulp mills; Prince George pulp and paper mill; and the Taylor pulp mill. This segment produces Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft (NBSK) pulp, and bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp (BCTMP). The segment's kraft pulp mills and the Taylor pulp mill have the annual capacity to produce approximately 1.1 million tones of northern softwood market kraft pulp and approximately 220,000 tones of BCTMP. In FY2016, the Pulp & Paper segment reported revenues of USD1,101.7 million, which accounted for 26.0% of the company total revenue. The Company is also engaged in production of softwood lumber, pulp and paper products, engineered wood products, wood pellets and energy. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely Canada, Asia, United States, Europe and Others.
In FY2016, Canada segment accounted for 11.9% of the company's total revenues, followed by Asia with 25.9%; United States with 58.1%; Europe with 1.9% and Others with 2.2%. Canfor's other subsidiaries include Canadian Forest Products, Ltd., Southern Lumber Company Inc. and Canfor Pulp Products Inc.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Canfor Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Canfor Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Canfor Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Canfor Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Canfor Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Canfor Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Canfor Corporation?
- How has Canfor Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Canfor Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Canfor Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Canfor Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Canfor Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years