Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the US, and provides logistics and supply chain expertise. The company provides a 12,500 mile network of rail and intermodal freight transportation services, serving the principal business centers of Canada from Montreal, Quebec to Vancouver, British Columbia; and the US Northeast and Midwest regions.
The company has one operating segment: Rail Transportation The company is engaged in the providing rail and intermodal freight transportation services serving the principal business centers of Canada including Montreal, Vancouver, British Columbia and the US Northeast and Midwest regions. CP transports bulk commodities, including, grain, coal, potash, sulfur and fertilizers; merchandise freight that consists of finished vehicles and automotive parts, chemicals and plastics, crude oil, forest products, and metals, minerals and consumer products; and intermodal traffic, which includes time-sensitive retail goods, as well as forest, industrial and consumer products.
In FY2016, International and domestic intermodal sub segments have accounted for approximately 10% and 12% respectively of the total Intermodal business revenue. In FY2016, CPRL’s intermodal business represented approximately 22% of total freight revenues. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two regions, namely, the US and Canada which contributed 71.8% and 28.2% of the company's total revenue in FY2016.
The company's subsidiaries include Canadian Pacific Railway Company, Soo Line Railroad Company, Delaware and Hudson Railway Company, and Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Corporation.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Canadian Pacific Railway Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Canadian Pacific Railway Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited?
- How has Canadian Pacific Railway Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Canadian Pacific Railway Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Canadian Pacific Railway Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years