Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. is one of the largest crude oil and natural gas producers in the world. The company is engaged in the exploration, development, production, marketing, and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGLs), natural gas, and bitumen. The company's principal operating regions are the North America, the North Sea, and offshore West Africa.
CNR has undeveloped and developed asset base of heavy and light crude oil reserves. During FY2015, the company gross proved crude oil, bitumen (thermal oil), synthetic crude oil (SCO) and NGLs reserves totaled 4,695 barrels of oil equivalent (MMboe), and gross proved plus probable crude oil, bitumen, SCO and NGLs reserves totaled 7,623 MMboe. Also, the company gross proved natural gas reserves totaled 6,106 billion cubic feet (Bcf), and gross proved plus probable natural gas reserves totaled 8,508 Bcf in FY2015.
CNR operates through three business segments: exploration and production; oil sands mining and upgrading; and midstream.
The company's exploration and production operations are conducted in three geographic segments: the North America; the North Sea; and offshore West Africa. These activities relate to the exploration, development, production, and marketing of conventional crude oil, NGLs, and natural gas.
During FY2015, North American operations overall bitumen production averaged approximately 129,800 barrels per day (bbl/d). In addition, North America crude oil and NGLs production averaged 399,982 bbl/d and natural gas production averaged 1,663 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/d). The gross total proved reserves of North America totaled 4,252 MMbbls of crude oil and NGLs and 6,233 Bcf of natural gas during the year.
The North Sea crude oil production for FY2015 was 22,216 bbl/d and natural gas production was 36 MMcf/d. The total proved reserves of North Sea totaled 284 MMbbls of crude oil and NGLs totaled 96 Bcf of natural gas. In offshore Africa, the company's crude oil production was 19,079 bbl/d and natural gas production was 27 MMcf/d in FY2015. The total proved reserves of offshore Africa totaled 142 MMbbls of crude oil and NGLs and 74 Bcf of natural gas.
The oil sands mining and upgrading business involves the Horizon Project. The Horizon Oil Sands region extends just south of Edmonton, Alberta and north to Fort McMurray, Alberta and from the Northwest Alberta region into western Saskatchewan and includes surface oil sands mining, bitumen extraction, bitumen upgrading and associated infrastructure. The mining and upgrading business produced a total of 123 Mbbl/d of crude oil and NGLs in FY2015.
The company's midstream assets include three crude oil pipeline systems and a 50% working interest in an 84 megawatt (MW) cogeneration plant at Primrose. Approximately 85% of the company's heavy crude oil production is transported to international mainline liquid pipelines via the 100% owned and operated ECHO Pipeline, the 62% owned and operated Pelican Lake Pipeline and the 15% owned Cold Lake Pipeline. The company's midstream assets also include a 50% interest in the Redwater Partnership.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.?
- How has Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Canadian Natural Resources, Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years