Canada Post Corporation, a government-owned postal service company, is engaged in collection, transmission and delivery of letters, parcels and publications both within Canada and places outside Canada. Canada Post delivers more than nine billion pieces of mail, parcels and messages each year to more than 15.8 million addresses in urban, rural, and remote locations across Canada.
The company's operating network is a coordinated effort between collection activities, mail processing plants, transportation links and delivery agents. Canada Post's processing and delivery network includes a fleet of approximately 17,000 vehicles; over 6,252 retail post offices; 19,766 street letter boxes; 21 mail processing plants; 485 letter carrier depots; and 13,208 letter carrier routes. Additionally, the company operates 193,722 group and community mailboxes, 1.8 million post office boxes (including general delivery) and 7,505 rural and suburban mail courier routes.
The company's operations are divided into three business segments: Canada Post, purolator, and logistics.
The Canada Post segment operates the largest retail network in Canada with almost 6,200 retail post offices, has a fleet of 13,000 vehicles, annually delivers more than 8.8 billion pieces of mail and provides service to over 15.8 million addresses. The segment comprises of the company's core services which include transaction mail, parcels, and direct marketing, as well as other product and services.
The company's transaction mail contains the portfolio of services for the delivery and response to letters, bills, statements, invoices and other forms of communications. The parcels line of business offers a wide range of domestic and international delivery services through other postal administrations and collaborative efforts with global integrators. The direct marketing line of business is comprised of three primary products: personalized mail, neighborhood mail, and publications mail. The personalized mail service allows customers to personalize mailings and tailor promotional messages to specific customers or prospects. With the neighborhood mail service, customers can reach specific neighborhoods or regions across Canada. The publications mail service includes the distribution of periodicals, such as newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. The other line of business comprises a broad array of products and services, including epost, online bill-presentation service, mail redirection, data products, commemorative stamps, gifts and coins.
Purolator provides integrated freight, parcel, and logistics solutions. Purolator has an extensive service network in Canada that includes 170 operations facilities, 125 shipping centers, over 596 authorized shipping agents and more than 240 drop boxes as well as two customer contact centers and nine PostNet business centers.
The company's logistics segment operates through its subsidiary SCI Group and its operating entities SCI Logistics, Progistix and First Team Transport. SCI Group helps its customers reduce cost and improve service through the design, implementation and operation of supply chain solutions, and allows the group of companies to offer end-to-end supply chain services to Canadian businesses. SCI Group offers its clients expertise in business-to-consumer, business-to-business and field service logistics to supply chains across Canada.
In addition, the company also operates Innovapost, a shared services entity which provides the development, maintenance and operation of the computing and information systems required by the company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Canada Post Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Canada Post Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Canada Post Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Canada Post Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Canada Post Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Canada Post Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Canada Post Corporation?
- How has Canada Post Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Canada Post Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Canada Post Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Canada Post Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Canada Post Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years