Canada Life Financial Corporation (CLFC or “the company”) is a financial services holding company with interests in the life insurance, health insurance, retirement savings, investment management, and reinsurance businesses. The company operates in Canada, the UK, the US, the Isle of Man, Barbados, Ireland, and Germany.
CLFC conducts its business through six business segments: Europe/Reinsurance, Individual Insurance, Wealth Management, Group Insurance, Corporate, and the US.
The Europe /Reinsurance segment comprises two distinct business units: insurance and annuities, and reinsurance. Insurance and annuities business unit offers protection and wealth management products including payout annuities, conducted through Canada Life and its subsidiaries in the UK, the Isle of Man, and Germany as well as through Irish Life in Ireland. Reinsurance business unit operates primarily in the US, Barbados, and Ireland and conducts operations through Canada Life and its subsidiaries. In FY2016, the Europe/Reinsurance segment recorded revenues of C$9,622 million ($7,265.6 million), an increase of 46.7% over FY2015.
The Individual Insurance segment consists of individual life insurance and living benefits business lines. This segment offers products and services, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, participating life insurance, disability insurance, and critical illness insurance. The Individual Insurance segment recorded revenues of C$966 million ($729.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 25.1% over FY2015.
The Wealth Management segment consists of the individual retirement and investment services (IRIS) and group retirement services (GRS) product lines. Products are distributed through managing general agencies (MGAs) and their associated brokers, independent brokers, consultants as well as inter corporate agreements with other financial institutions. The Wealth Management segment recorded revenues of C$1,560 million ($1,178 million) in FY2016, an increase of 36.7% over FY2015.
The Group Insurance segment writes new creditor and direct marketing business, offering benefit solutions for large financial institutions, credit card companies, auto dealers, alumni and association groups. The Group Insurance segment recorded revenues of C$672 million ($507.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 4.2% over FY2015.
The Corporate segment mainly comprises investment income and distributions related to capital, and other expenses not associated with major business units. The Corporate Segment recorded revenues of C$57 million ($43 million) in FY2016, an increase of 18.8% over FY2015.
The US segment provides life, health and disability insurance products for group clients. This segment also provides saving products for public, private and non-profit employers, corporations and individuals. The US segment recorded a loss of C$118 million ($-89.1 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 15.1% over FY2015.
Revenues by geography
Europe/Reinsurance, Canada Life Financial Corporation's largest geographical market, accounted for 66% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Europe/Reinsurance reached C$9,728 million ($7,345.7 million) in FY2016, an increase of 46.9% over FY2015.
Canada accounted for 33.5% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Canada reached C$4,929 million ($3,721.9 million) in FY2016, an increase of 27.2% over FY2015.
The US accounted for 0.5% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached C$74 million ($55.9 million) in FY2016, as compared to C$29 million (21.9 million) in FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Canada Life Financial Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Canada Life Financial Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Canada Life Financial Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Canada Life Financial Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Canada Life Financial Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Canada Life Financial Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Canada Life Financial Corporation?
- How has Canada Life Financial Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Canada Life Financial Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Canada Life Financial Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Canada Life Financial Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Canada Life Financial Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years