Calgon Carbon Corporation is a US-based company engaged in the production, design and marketing of products and services specifically developed for the purification, separation and concentration of liquids and gases. Calgon Carbon operates in the US, Europe and Asia.
The company operates through four segments: Activated Carbon and Service, Equipment, Consumer and Other.
Calgon Carbon activated carbon and service segment is engaged in the manufacture of granular and powdered activated carbon for use in applications to remove organic compounds from liquids, gases, water, and air. It also consists of services related to activated carbon including reactivation of spent carbon and the leasing, monitoring, and maintenance of carbon fills at customer sites. It offers services related to the company's ion exchange technologies for the treatment of groundwater and process streams.
The activated carbon and service segment also offers a range of treatment services including carbon supply, equipment leasing, installation and demobilization, transportation, and spent carbon reactivation. Its other services include feasibility testing, process design, performance monitoring, and maintenance of company-owned adsorption equipment. In FY2016, the Activated Carbon and Service segment reported revenues of USD454.6 million, which accounted for 88.4% of the company's total revenue.
Calgon Carbon Equipment segment provides solutions to customers' air, water and other liquids purification problems through the design, fabrication, and operation of systems that utilize the company's technologies: ballast water, ultraviolet light, advanced ion exchange separation, and carbon adsorption. In FY2016, the Equipment segment reported revenues of USD38.9 million, which accounted for 7.6% of the company's total revenue.
The Consumer segment provides activated carbon cloth used in medical, military, and industrial applications. In FY2016, the Consumer segment reported revenues of USD8.7 million, which accounted for 1.7% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Other segment include the new business that manufacture and market granular and powdered wood-based activated carbon, coal-based activated carbon reactivation, diatomaceous earth and perlite filtration media used in various distinct market applications. They are used for decolorization, purification, decontamination, and filtration of liquids in various applications including food and beverage, industrial, fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals. In FY2016, the Other segment reported revenues of USD12.1 million, which accounted for 2.4% of the company's total revenue.
Calgon Carbon participates in six markets: potable water, industrial process, environmental water, environmental air, food and beverages and specialty markets.
Potable water applications include municipal drinking water treatment and point of entry and point of use devices. Applications in the industrial process market include catalysis, product recovery and purification of chemicals and pharmaceuticals, and process water treatment. The sub segments for the two environmental markets include wastewater treatment, groundwater remediation, ballast water treatment, VOC removal from vapors, and mercury control in flue gas streams. Food and beverages applications include brewing, bottling and sweetener purification. Medical, personal protection (military and industrial), automotive, consumer, and precious metals applications comprise the specialty market.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into sixteen segments, namely United States, United Kingdom, Japan, France, Germany, China, Canada, South Korea, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Singapore, Spain, Mexico, Denmark and Other. In FY2016, United States segment accounted for 52.7% of the company's total revenues, followed by United Kingdom with 7.1%; Japan with 6.9%; France with 4.6%; Germany with 4.2%; China with 3.6%; Canada with 2.7%; South Korea with 2.0%; Belgium with 1.8%; Netherlands with 1.1%; Italy with 1.0%; Singapore with 0.8%; Spain with 0.7%; Mexico with 0.7%; Denmark with 0.7%; and Other with 9.4%.
Calgon Carbon operates through various subsidiaries such as Calgon Carbon (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Calgon Carbon Asia Pte Ltd., Calgon Carbon Japan, Charcoal Cloth Limited, Chemviron Carbon AB, Chemviron Carbon ApS, Chemviron Carbon GmbH, Chemviron Carbon Ltd, Sutcliffe Speakman Carbons Limited and Waterlink (UK) Holdings Ltd.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Calgon Carbon Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Calgon Carbon Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Calgon Carbon Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Calgon Carbon Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Calgon Carbon Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Calgon Carbon Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Calgon Carbon Corporation?
- How has Calgon Carbon Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Calgon Carbon Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Calgon Carbon Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Calgon Carbon Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Calgon Carbon Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years