Caixa Geral de Depositos (CGD) is a banking and financial services group. The group operates around 1,253 branches, 764 of which are located in Portugal and 489 abroad. CGD operates in the Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa.
The group operates its business through five segments: Corporate Finance, Trading and Sales, Retail Banking, Commercial Banking and Asset Management.
The group's Corporate Finance segment comprises the activities relating to acquisitions, mergers, restructuring, privatizations, subscription and placement of securities (primary market), securitization, preparation and organization of syndicated loans, investment management, financial analysis of markets and companies and advisory services. In FY2015, the Corporate Finance segment reported revenues of EUR19.9 million, which accounted for 1.0% of the group's total revenue.
CGD's Trading and Sales segment consists of banking activity relating to the management of the securities portfolio, management of issued debt instruments, money and foreign exchange markets operations, repo and security loan operations and wholesale brokerage. It also includes loans and advances to other credit institutions and derivative instruments. In FY2015, the Trading and Sales segment reported revenues of EUR803.0 million, which accounted for 39.3% of the group's total revenue.
The group's Retail Banking segment comprises of banking operations with individuals, businessmen and micro companies. The segment also offers consumer finance, mortgage lending, credit cards and deposit services. In FY2015, the Retail Banking segment reported revenues of EUR707.0 million, which accounted for 34.6% of the group's total revenue. In FY2015, the Retail Banking segment reported revenues of EUR707.0 million, which accounted for 34.6% of the group's total revenue.
CGD's Commercial Banking segment includes the granting of loans and taking of resources from large companies and SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprise). The segment also comprises loans, current accounts, investment project financing, discounting bills, venture capital, factoring, equipment and property leasing, syndicated loans underwriting, and loans to the public sector. In FY2015, the Commercial Banking segment reported revenues of EUR268.8 million, which accounted for 13.2% of the group's total revenue.
The group's Asset Management segment consists of the activities relating to the management of open or closed unit trust and property funds and discretionary wealth management funds. In FY2015, the Asset Management segment reported revenues of EUR128.6 million, which accounted for 6.3% of the group's total revenue.
In FY2015, the Others segment reported revenues of EUR114.8 million, which accounted for 5.6% of the group's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into seven segments, namely Portugal, Rest of European Union, North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa, Others. In FY2015, Portugal segment accounted for 97.5% of the group's total revenues, followed by Rest of European Union with 12.7%; North America with 0.5%; Latin America with 1.2%; Asia with 6.0%; and Africa with 20.8%.
CGD's subsidiaries include Mercantile Bank Holdings, Ltd., CGD - North America Finance, Universal Seguros, S.A., Banco Nacional Ultramarino, S.A., and Cibergradual, Investimento Imobiliario, S.A., among others.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA?
- How has Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Caixa Geral de Depositos, SA? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years