CAE Inc. is one of the leading providers of simulation and modeling technologies and integrated training services primarily to the civil aviation industry and defense forces. The company offers civil aviation, military, and helicopter training services in 160 locations worldwide to train approximately 120,000 civil and military crew members annually. The company primarily provides full-flight simulators (FFSs), which replicate aircraft performance in an array of situations and environmental conditions. The company also offers simulation solutions for new markets such as healthcare and mining.
The company operates through three business segments: Civil Aviation Training Solutions; Defence and Security; and Healthcare.
CAE’s Civil Aviation Training Solutions segment provides training solutions for flight, cabin, maintenance and ground personnel in commercial, business and helicopter aviation, a range of flight simulation training devices, as well as ab initio pilot training, and crew sourcing services. This segment has 230 full-flight simulators in 50 civil training locations worldwide. CAE is a supplier of civil flight simulators, with more than 1,000 simulators and flight training devices sold to more than 130 airlines, aircraft manufacturers, and training centres. In FY2016, the Civil Aviation Training Solutions segment reported revenues of C$1,429.1 million, which accounted for 56.9% of the company's total revenue.
The company’s Defence and Security segment is a training systems integrator for defence forces across the air, land, and naval domains, and for government security organizations responsible for public safety. This segment also provides training support services such as contractor logistics support, maintenance services, and simulator training at more than 70 sites around the world. The company additionally provides a variety of modeling and simulation-based Integrated Enterprise Solutions (IES) for analysis and operational decision-making, and offers a range of in-service support solutions such as systems engineering and lifecycle management. In FY2016, the Defence and Security segment reported revenues of C$970.1 million, which accounted for 38.6% of the company's total revenue.
CAE’s Healthcare segment designs, manufactures, and markets simulators, audiovisual and simulation centre management solutions, offers consulting and courseware for training of medical and allied healthcare students and clinicians in educational institutions, hospitals, and defence organizations. In FY2016, the Healthcare segment reported revenues of C$113.4 million, which accounted for 4.5% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into eleven geographies, namely the US, the UK, Canada, China, Germany, the Netherlands, the UAE, Australia, Other European countries, Other Asian countries, and Other countries. In FY2016, the US accounted for 35.3% of the company's total revenues, followed by the UK with 11%; Canada with 9.3%; China with 6.4%; Germany with 3.9%; the Netherlands with 3.1%; the UAE with 2.6%; Australia with 2.4%; Other European countries with 13.4%; Other Asian countries with 9.2%; and Other countries with 3.3%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of CAE Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about CAE Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines CAE Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases CAE Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of CAE Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does CAE Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of CAE Inc.?
- How has CAE Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does CAE Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are CAE Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are CAE Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of CAE Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years