Cabot Corporation is engaged in the production of global specialty chemicals and performance materials. The company's principal products include rubber and specialty grade carbon blacks, specialty compounds, fumed metal oxides, activated carbons, inkjet colorants, aerogel, and cesium formate drilling fluids. Cabot and its affiliates have manufacturing facilities and operations in the US and over 20 other countries.
The company operates through four business segments: Reinforcement Materials, Performance Chemicals, Purification Solutions, and Specialty Fluids. The Reinforcement Materials segment combines the rubber blacks and elastomer composites product lines.
Rubber grade carbon blacks are used to enhance the physical properties of the systems and applications in which they are incorporated. In addition to its rubber blacks products, the company manufactures compounds of carbon black and rubber using its patented elastomer composites manufacturing process. Cabot owns (or has a controlling interest in) and operates plants that produce rubber blacks in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, the Czech Republic, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, and the US.
The company's equity affiliate operates carbon black plant in Venezuela. In FY2016, the Reinforcement Materials segment reported revenues of $1,108 million, which accounted for 46% of the company's total revenue*.
The Performance Chemicals segment consists of two businesses: specialty carbons and formulations business, which manufactures and sells specialty grades of carbon black, specialty compounds and inkjet colorants, and (ii) metal oxides business, which manufactures and sells fumed silica, fumed alumina and dispersions thereof and aerogel. In Performance Chemicals segment, the company designs, manufactures and sells materials that deliver performance in a broad range of customer applications across the automotive, construction and infrastructure, energy, inkjet printing, electronics, and consumer products sectors. Cabot owns (or has a controlling interest in), and operate plants that produce specialty grades of carbon black primarily in China, the Netherlands and the US. The specialty compounds are produced in facilities located in Belgium, China and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The inkjet colorants and inks are manufactured in Haverhill, Massachusetts (the US).
The company also owns or has a controlling interest in manufacturing plants that produce fumed metal oxides in the US, China, the UK, and Germany and a manufacturing plant that produces aerogel in Frankfurt, Germany. An equity affiliate operates a fumed metal oxides plant in Mettur Dam, India. In FY2016, the Performance Chemicals segment reported revenues of $865 million, which accounted for 35.9% of the company's total revenue*. Under its Purification Solutions segment, the company provides applications for water, air, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and other liquids and gases. Cabot uses activated carbon products for the purification of water, air, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals and other liquids and gases, as either a colorant or a decolorizing agent in the production of products for food and beverage applications and as a chemical carrier in slow release applications. Cabot owns (or has a controlling interest in), and operates plants that produce activated carbon in the US, the UK, the Netherlands and Italy.
In FY2016, the Purification Solutions segment reported revenues of $290 million, which accounted for 12% of the company's total revenue*. The Specialty Fluids segment produces and markets cesium formate as a drilling and completion fluid for use primarily in high pressure and high temperature oil and gas well construction.
The company has a mine and cesium formate manufacturing facility in Manitoba, Canada, as well as fluid blending and reclamation facilities in Aberdeen, Scotland and in Bergen, Norway. In addition, the company has warehouse fluid at various locations around the world to support existing and potential operations.
In FY2016, the Specialty Fluids segment reported revenues of $47 million, which accounted for 1.9% of the company's total revenue*. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, China, the Netherlands, and Other Foreign Countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 25.1% of the company's total revenues, followed by China with 20%; the Netherlands with 6.7%; and Other Foreign Countries with 48.2%. * As reported by the company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Cabot Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Cabot Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- roducts / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Cabot Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Cabot Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Cabot Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Cabot Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- hat is the product / service portfolio of Cabot Corporation?
- How has Cabot Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Cabot Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Cabot Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Cabot Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Cabot Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years