Cablevision Systems Corporation primarily operates through its subsidiary CSC Holdings, which is one of the largest cable operators in the US based on the number of video customers. The company's service portfolio includes digital television; voice and high-speed internet services; and local media and programming. In FY2014, the company served approximately 2.7 million video customers primarily in the US.
The company operates through three reportable business segments: cable, Lightpath and others.
Cablevision's cable television provides multiple channels of video programming to subscribers for monthly payment. Video signals are received over-the-air, by fiber optic transport through satellite delivery by antennas, microwave relay stations and satellite earth stations. The company offers video service under the brand name of Optimum. The video services include local broadcast network affiliates and independent television stations, news, information, sports and entertainment channels such as CNN, AMC, CNBC, ESPN, MTV, The NFL Network, regional sports network such as MSG Network, and certain premium services such as HBO, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Starz, Encore and Cinemax.
The company also offers interactive video service enabling the customers to receive video on demand, subscription video on demand (SVOD) services, interactive entertainment and advertising services. In addition, the cable segment offers high speed data services to residential and small business customers through its cable television broadband network. The company also offers voice over internet protocol (VoIP) services to residential and small business Optimum Online customers under the brand name Optimum Voice.
This service offers unlimited local, regional and long-distance calling within the US, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Canada with over 20 calling features. Key calling features include enhanced voicemail, call waiting, caller ID, caller ID blocking, call return, three-way calling, call forwarding, and anonymous call blocker, among others. It also offers Optimum Triple Play, a bundle offering package that is a special promotion for new customers or eligible current customers where three of the company's products, video, high-speed data and voice, are each available at a reduced rate for a specified period, when purchased together.
Lightpath is a regional provider to businesses of fiber based telecommunications, including Ethernet, data transport, Internet protocol (IP) based virtual private networks (VPN), internet access, voice services, including session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking, and VoIP services. Lightpath also provides managed information technology (IT) services to businesses including hosted voice services, managed WiFi, managed desktop and server backup, and managed collaboration services including audio and web conferencing. It primarily serves customers operating in healthcare, financial, education, legal and professional services, and other industries, as well as the public sector and telecommunications providers.
The others segment include Newsday, News 12 Networks and Cablevision Media Sales. Newsday comprises of the Newsday daily newspaper, amNew York, Star Community Publishing Group and online websites. The Newsday has developed and deployed applications for iPhone, iPad, Kindle and Android devices. The company's regional news services include News 12 Long Island, News 12 New Jersey, News 12 Westchester, News 12 Connecticut, News 12 The Bronx, News 12 Brooklyn, News 12 Hudson Valley, News 12 Interactive, News 12 Traffic and Weather, collectively New 12 Networks. The company's Cablevision Media Sales is a cable television advertising company, offering content to advertisers, targeting specific geographic and demographic audiences.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Cablevision Systems Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Cablevision Systems Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Cablevision Systems Corporation ’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Cablevision Systems Corporation ’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Cablevision Systems Corporation ’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Cablevision Systems Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Cablevision Systems Corporation ?
- How has Cablevision Systems Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Cablevision Systems Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Cablevision Systems Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Cablevision Systems Corporation ’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Cablevision Systems Corporation ? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years