C. R. Bard is engaged in the design, manufacture, packaging, distribution and sale of medical, surgical, diagnostic and patient care devices. The company sells its products worldwide to hospitals, individual healthcare professionals, extended care facilities and alternate site facilities. It has operations in the US, Europe, Japan and other regions. The company categorizes its products into four business divisions (product categories): vascular; oncology; urology; and surgical specialties.
The company also has business under its other products group. Bard's vascular products cover a range of minimally invasive devices for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease (PVD) and heart arrhythmias. Its minimally invasive vascular product line includes percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) catheters, chronic total occlusions (CTO) catheters, guidewires, fabrics, meshes, introducers and accessories. Product line also includes: valvuloplasty balloons; peripheral vascular stents, self-expanding and balloon-expandable covered stents and vascular grafts; vena cava filters; biopsy devices; and temporary pacing electrode catheters.
As of December 31, 2016, vascular products recorded revenues of $1,014.9 million, an increase of 4.6% over FY2015. Bard's oncology products cover a range of devices used in the treatment and management of various cancers and other diseases and disorders. These include specialty vascular access catheters and ports, vascular access ultrasound devices, dialysis access catheters and enteral feeding devices.
The company's specialty vascular access products are used primarily for chemotherapy. Oncology products recorded revenues of $1,012.1 million in FY2016, an increase of 8% over FY2015. Bard's urology products include basic urology drainage products; fecal and urinary continence products; and urological specialty products and targeted temperature management products.
The Foley catheter is one of the most important products in the urology field. Other urology products include brachytherapy devices and radioactive seeds used to treat prostate cancer; intermittent urinary drainage catheters, urine monitoring and collection systems; ureteral stents; specialty devices for stone removal procedures; and surgical slings and pelvic floor repair products for women's health.
The company also markets the proprietary line of StatLock catheter stabilization devices, which are used primarily to secure peripheral intravenous catheters, thereby reducing restarts and other complications. These devices are also used to secure many other types of catheters sold by Bard and other companies, including Foley catheters.
In addition, the company markets the Arctic Sun system with proprietary ArcticGel pads providing therapy for patients requiring Targeted Temperature Management. Urology products recorded revenues of $951.8 million in FY2016, an increase of 12.6% over FY2015.
The company's surgical specialty products include implanted grafts and fixation devices for hernia and soft tissue repairs in addition to hemostats and surgical sealants. The company's soft tissue repair products consist of hernia repair grafts, including permanent synthetic and bioresorbable synthetic products, natural-tissue configurations, and hernia fixation devices. Surgical specialties products recorded revenues of $637.3 million in FY2016, an increase of 11.4% over FY2015.
The other product group of the company includes irrigation, wound drainage and certain original equipment manufacturers' products. Other products recorded revenues of $97.9 million in FY2016, an increase of 7% compared to FY2015. Geographically, the US, Bard's largest geographic market, accounted for 68.9% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached $2,559.5 million in FY2016, an increase of 7.6% over FY2015. Asia accounted for 13.2% of the total revenues in FY2016.
Revenues from Asia reached $489.4 million in FY2016, an increase of 25.9% compared to FY2015. Europe accounted for 12% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Europe reached $446.4 million in FY2016, an increase of 1.6% compared to FY2015. Other regions accounted for 5.9% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from other regions reached $218.7 million in FY2016, an increase of 4.4% over FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of C. R. Bard, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about C. R. Bard, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- roducts / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- ompany SWOT Analysis - Outlines C. R. Bard, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases C. R. Bard, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of C. R. Bard, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does C. R. Bard, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of C. R. Bard, Inc.?
- How has C. R. Bard, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does C. R. Bard, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are C. R. Bard, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are C. R. Bard, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of C. R. Bard, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years