Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC , an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is primarily engaged in the rail freight transportation business. In the US, it operates in the Midwest, Pacific Northwest, Western, Southwestern, and Southeastern regions and ports of the country.
At the end of FY2015, BNSF owned a total of 32,500 route miles of track in 28 states and three Canadian provinces. BNSF Railway owns approximately 23,000 route miles, including easements, and operates on approximately 9,000 route miles of trackage rights that permit BNSF to operate its trains with its crews over other railroads' tracks. Moreover, as of FY2015, the total BNSF system, including single and multiple main tracks, yard tracks and sidings, consisted of approximately 50,000 operated miles of track, all of which are owned by or held under easement by BNSF except for approximately 10,000 route miles operated under trackage rights.
As of FY2015, BNSF owned or held under non-cancelable leases exceeding one year approximately 8,000 locomotives and 77,000 freight cars in addition to maintenance of way and other equipment. In addition to major cities and ports, BNSF serves various smaller markets by working closely with approximately 200 shortline partners. Moreover, the company has marketing agreements with other rail carriers.
BNSF conducts its business through one reportable business segment: transportation services, which in turn operate through four business groups: consumer products, industrial products, coal, agricultural products, and others.
The consumer products group offers international intermodal, domestic intermodal transportation (including truckload/intermodal marketing companies and expedited truckload/less-than-truckload/parcel) and automotive transportation services.
The industrial products group transports construction products, petroleum products, building products, chemicals and plastics products, and food and beverages.
BNSF transports low-sulfur coal in the US. As of FY2015, approximately 90% of all BNSF's coal tons originated from the Powder River Basin of Wyoming and Montana.
The agricultural products group transports agricultural products such as wheat, corn, fertilizer, bulk foods, ethanol, soybeans, feeds, oil seeds and meals, barley, oats and rye, oils, flour and mill products, specialty grains, malt, and milo.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC?
- How has Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Burlington Northern Santa Fe, LLC? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years