Bureau Veritas SA is a France-based provider of laboratory testing, inspection and certification services. The group has operations in around 140 countries through a network of 1,400 offices and laboratories. Bureau Veritas operates in North America, South America, Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa and Asia Pacific.
The group operates through the eight* business divisions: industry, commodities, consumer products, in-service inspection & verification (IVS), construction, marine & offshore, certification, and government services & international trade (GSIT).
Bureau Veritas’ Industry business offers its services to a range of industrial firms across the value chain, including asset owners and managers, engineering firms (EPC contractors), construction sites and equipment manufacturers as well as large international corporations and regional leaders of various sectors. The group supports its industrial clients by assessing equipment and processes throughout the life of industrial facilities.
The solutions offered by industry business fall into four main categories: assistance for industrial projects during the investment phase (Capex), including design review, risk and safety studies, reliability studies, and shop and on-site inspections, from design to commissioning; services related to production continuity and asset integrity management during the Opex phase in order to optimize asset performance. These services include regulatory inspections and audits during the operation of industrial facilities, non-destructive testing during shut-downs, and measurement of fugitive emissions; independent third-party certification of equipment or facilities, in accordance with regional, national or international regulations; and HSE project management for industry, technical instruction of staff, and the delivery of qualifications relating to technical standards and client specifications. In FY2016, the Industry segment reported revenues of E900.7 million, which accounted for 19.8% of the group’s total revenue.
The group commodities business offers a range of inspection, certification and laboratory testing services for a range of commodities, including oil and petrochemicals, metals and minerals and agri-food. In oil and gas industry, the segment is mainly focused on the inspection and testing of bulk marine oil cargoes, generally during their transfer from production sites to the world’s major oil refining and trading centers. It also offers its clients value-added adjacent services such as crude oil assays, LPG services, cargo treatment, bunker quantity surveys, biofuel certification, lube oil analysis and measurement services. The metals and minerals segment offers upstream services, including preparation, geoanalytical testing along with metallurgy and mineral tests; and inspection and testing services relating to international trade which include assessing the quantity and quality of commodities as they are shipped. The gri-food segment offers agricultural commodities inspection and testing; and food safety inspection, certification and testing services. In FY2016, the Commodities segment reported revenues of E833.1 million, which accounted for 18.3% of the group’s total revenue.
Bureau Veritas' Consumer products business provides quality management solutions and compliance assessment services for the consumer products manufacturing and supply chain. These solutions and services, which include inspection services, laboratory testing and product certification as well as production site and social responsibility audits, are provided to retailers, manufacturers and vendors of consumer products. These services are provided throughout the clients’ manufacturing and supply chain to ensure that products offered to the market comply with regulatory safety standards or voluntary standards of quality and performance. In FY2016, the Consumer Products segment reported revenues of E629.9 million, which accounted for 13.8% of the group's total revenue.
The group’s IVS business provides independent assistance to clients such as asset owners, operators and managers, in order to help them attain their performance, safety and regulatory compliance objectives when operating their real estate assets, by reference to the best international practices. The group designs services tailored to the needs of its clients and their environment (the type of parties involved, local regulations, operating and maintenance techniques), using the best inspection, testing, critical data analysis and online reporting tools. Bureau Veritas has an international network of experts in various fields, including structure, envelope, electrics, fire safety, air conditioning, heating, elevators and lifting equipment, pressure equipment, indoor air quality and acoustics. In FY2016, the IVS segment reported revenues of E602.5 million, which accounted for 13.2% of the group's total revenue.
The Construction business provides independent assistance to clients such as supervisory authorities, developers, investors, engineers and construction firms, and help them attain the quality, safety and performance objectives for their projects while complying with regulations and the best international standards. The group builds a range of services tailored to the needs of its clients and their environment (project development, local regulations, design and construction techniques), combining the best design review and testing techniques for the production and preproduction phases and the calculation and project management tools. Bureau Veritas has an international network of experts in various fields including geotechnics, foundations, cement, steel, wood and mixed woods, seismology, vibration, fire safety, facades, waterproofing, air conditioning, heating, electrics and elevators. The portfolio of services offered by this business covers all types of buildings and infrastructure, particularly residential buildings, commercial buildings (offices, hotels, hospitals, stores and supermarkets, logistics warehouses, industrial buildings, multipurpose complexes), public buildings, road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, and sports and leisure facilities. In FY2016, the Construction segment reported revenues of E592.8 million, which accounted for 13% of the group's total revenue.
Bureau Veritas' Marine & Offshore business offers its services to shipyards and shipbuilders across the world; equipment and component manufacturers; ship owners; and oil companies and engineering procurement installation commissioning (EPC) contractors involved in the construction and operation of offshore production units; insurance companies, P&I clubs and lawyers. It classifies ships and offshore facilities by verifying their compliance with classification rules, mainly regarding structural soundness and the reliability of all related equipment. The group’s marine & offshore services are designed to help its customers comply with regulations, reduce risk, increase asset lifecycles and ensure operational safety. In FY2016, the Marine & Offshore segment reported revenues of E391.9 million, which accounted for 8.6% of the group's total revenue.
Bureau Veritas' Certification business certifies that the QHSE management systems utilized by clients comply with international standards or with national, segment or large company-specific standards. The certification business provides integrated offerings including QHSE management system certification services; certification services in accordance with specific sector; environment-related services; customized certification and second-party audits, based on standards defined by clients and training which accredited by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA). In addition, the business offers training in quality, health and safety, environment, social responsibility, food safety, information system security, business continuity management and energy management. In FY2016, the Certification segment reported revenues of E353.5 million, which accounted for 7.8% of the group's total revenue.
The GSIT business provides merchandise inspection services (finished products, equipment, commodities) in connection with international trade transactions. These services are intended for governments (customs authorities, port authorities, and standards organizations), exporters, importers, intermediaries, banks, and international organizations managing development aid programs (the European Union, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund). In FY2016, the GSIT segment reported revenues of E244.8 million, which accounted for 5.4% of the group's total revenue.
Geographically, the group classifies its operations into four segments, namely Europe, Asia Pacific, Americas, and Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa. In FY2016, Europe segment accounted for 33% of the group's total revenues, followed by Asia Pacific with 31%; Americas with 24%; and Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa with 12%.
* Note: In 2017, the company changed its segment reporting from eight to six segments. The new segments include marine & offshore, agri-food commodities, industry, buildings and infrastructure, certification and consumer products. The key changes include allocation of a large majority of IVS businesses to the Buildings & Infrastructure segment, with the remaining IVS activities to be reported in Industry; and allocation of GSIT to the Agri-Food & Commodities segment (with the exception of Automotive which will be reported in Industry).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bureau Veritas SA in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bureau Veritas SA listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bureau Veritas SA’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bureau Veritas SA’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bureau Veritas SA’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bureau Veritas SA operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bureau Veritas SA?
- How has Bureau Veritas SA performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bureau Veritas SA rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bureau Veritas SA strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bureau Veritas SA’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bureau Veritas SA? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us