Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. is an interactive entertainment retailer of customized stuffed animals. It operates nationally from its own chain of stores and internationally through a variety of franchised outlets. Build-A-Bear operates 346 company-owned retail stores. The company also had 92 franchisee operated stores in other international locations.
The company classifies its business operations into three operating segments: direct-to-consumer (DTC), international franchising and commercial. Under DTC segment the company involved in operating company-owned stores in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, the UK, Ireland and Denmark. This segment also comprises two e-commerce sites and and temporary stores.
In FY2016, the DTC segment reported revenue of USD357.59 million, which accounted for 98.2% of the company’s total revenue. The commercial segment includes operating other international stores, licensing the company’s intellectual properties and wholesale activities. Under this segment the company transacts with other business partners. Through this segment, Build-A-Bear offers its intellectual property rights to third party users.
In FY2016, the commercial segment reported revenue of USD4.31 million, which accounted for 1.2% of the company’s total revenue. Build-A-Bear’s international franchising segment manages the company's licensing activities related to franchise agreements of stores, which are located in Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Mexico.
In FY2016, the international franchising segment reported revenue of USD2.30 million, which accounted for 0.6% of the company’s total revenue. Build-A-Bear has key strategic relationships with companies such as Hasbro, Disney, Dream Works Animation.
Geographically, the company categorises its business into three areas: North America, Europe and other. In FY2016, the company generated 81.3% of the total revenue from North America followed by Europe (18.2%) and other (0.5%). The company's subsidiaries include the following: Build-A-Bear Entertainment, LLC; Build-A-Bear Workshop Franchise Holdings, Inc.; Build-A-Bear Retail Management, Inc.; Build-A-Bear Workshop UK Holdings Limited; The Bear Factory Limited; Amsbra Limited; Build-A-Bear Workshop Ireland Limited; Build-A-Bear Workshop Denmark ApS; Build-A-Bear Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.; and Build-A-Bear Card Services, LLC.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- hat is the product / service portfolio of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.?
- How has Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years