BT Group plc is a provider of diverse range of communications and technology services. The group offers fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector. The group operates in 180 countries across the world and mainly operates in the UK. BT's operations span across seven segments: BT Global Services, BT Consumer segment, BT Business segment, Openreach, BT Wholesale, EE and other.
BT Global Services is a provider of managed networked IT services customers in more than 180 countries worldwide. The group offers services to around 5,500 corporate customers operating in diverse industries including financial services; manufacturing; media and business services; automotive; retail and consumer goods; energy and resources; technology and telecoms; healthcare and life sciences; and travel, transport and logistics.
The products and solutions offered through this segment include network services, professional services, unified services, IT services, security and risk management, mobility services, consumer relationship management (CRM), calls and lines services, and supply chain solutions. BT Global Services offers its products and services under six categories: BT Assure, BT Compute, BT Connect, BT Contact, BT One and BT Advise. BT Assure includes the group's security and risk management solutions which include firewalls, web security, intrusion prevention and threat monitoring against cyber-attacks.
BT Compute offers a range of datacenter services and professional services for IT. It provides IT services across its network, from 48 data centers around the world. Its services range from traditional tele housing and colocation to public, private and hybrid cloud solutions. BT Connect includes secure internet protocol (IP), Ethernet and internet virtual private network (VPN) services which are delivered to more than 180 countries over a range of access technologies including digital subscriber line (DSL), Ethernet and satellite.
The group offers its contact center services under the brand name of BT Contact. These services include email, web chat, video social media and phone services. BT One brand includes the company's unified communications solutions including conferencing and collaboration, hosted unified communications services, IP telephony, and voice VPN. BT offers consulting, integration and managed services under the brand name of BT Advise. BT Consumer provides consumer fixed voice and broadband services in the UK.
The group sells four types of products, which include broadband, TV, exclusive sports channels and mobile services to its consumers. The group provides a range of fixed-line products and calling plans, including Line Rental Saver, Line Rental Plus, Home Phone Saver, BT Basic, and Right Plan. In addition, BT offers products and services that help its customers to avoid nuisance calls. BT is one of the leading providers of broadband services in the UK.
The company, through its BT Consumer segment offers two versions of broadband: an ADSL service, delivered over copper lines; and BT Infinity, a broadband service using fiber. Offering within these two versions are further segregated into BT Sport, BT Mobile, BT NetProtect Plus, BT Wi-fi, and BT Cloud. BT Business provides communications and IT services in the UK and Ireland. It offers fixed-voice, networking and broadband services to more than 1.2 million customers.
BT Business offers a range of fixed-voice and data; mobile; and IT services. The group's fixed-voice services range from calls and lines, to fully-managed office phone systems and contact center solutions. Its voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP) services include BT Cloud Voice and BT Cloud Phone. BT Businesses' broadband and internet options include BT Business Broadband (over copper connections); BT Business Infinity over fibre to-the-cabinet (FTTC) and fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP); and BTnet dedicated internet access.
The group also offers voice and data networking services to support customers to connect more than one site. Its products include Ethernet, IP virtual private network (VPN) services, SIP trunking, leased lines, cabling infrastructure and local area networking (LAN) solutions. BT offers specialist IT services including design, delivery, management and in- life support, and are built around five key portfolio practices: end user computing; unified communications and collaboration; security; networking; and data center, cloud and hosted solutions.
The group also sells mobile voice and data services through a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) agreement on the EE network. In addition, it offers a range of handsets and tablets and a choice of tariffs to suit different customer segments. Openreach segment provides infrastructure services over the local loop or local access network (the last mile), comprising of the copper and fibre connections between telephone exchanges and consumer and business premises.
The group offers four principal products and services: fibre broadband, copper-based services, infrastructure and Ethernet. Openreach's wholesale fibre broadband product is called Generic Ethernet Access. Its services include Fibre-to-the-Cabinet (FTTC), Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) and FTTP-on-Demand. In addition to fibre broadband network, the group offers multicast services. The group's copper based services include wholesale line rental (WLR) and local loop unbundling (LLU) services.
The infrastructure products include passive infrastructure access and mobile infill infrastructure solution. The Ethernet products offer fibre connections with speeds of up to 100 gigabit per second (Gbps) to its customers. BT Wholesale segment provides network products and services to Communications Providers (CPs) operating in the UK. It also offers services to media companies and broadcasters. BT Wholesale’s products and services include broadband, Ethernet, media services, voice calls, hosted communications, and managed services.
BT’s EE segment offers mobile and fixed communications services to consumers, businesses, government and the wholesale market. EE has around 570 retail stores, and serves over 30 million customers across its mobile, fixed and wholesale businesses. The other segment includes the operations of BT Technology, Service & Operations (BT TSO) which is an internal service unit that is responsible for delivering and operating the group's network, platform and IT systems. BT TSO is responsible for the whole lifecycle of the group's global networks and systems, from innovation, design, test and build through to operational management.
It manages BT's voice, data and TV networks and IT applications which make up the core infrastructure for BT's products and services. It also designs and delivers the large-scale global managed network services which are sold to customers in the world.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BT Group plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BT Group plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BT Group plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BT Group plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BT Group plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BT Group plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BT Group plc?
- How has BT Group plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BT Group plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BT Group plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BT Group plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BT Group plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years