Brown-Forman is engaged in the manufacture, marketing, import and export of a variety of alcoholic beverage products. The company's products include whisky, scotch, tequila, vodka, liqueur, wine and champagne. Brown-Forman's portfolio comprises more than 40 brands, including Jack Daniel's and its related brands; Finlandia; Korbel; Herradura; el Jimador; Canadian Mist; Chambord; Woodford Reserve; and Sonoma-Cutrer, among others. These products are sold in over 160 countries around the world.
The company conducts business through a single reportable segment. It divides its offerings under two product categories: Spirits and Wine.
The Spirits category includes whisky, scotch, vodka, liqueur and tequila. The key brand is Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey (JDTW), the fourth largest spirits brand and the largest American whiskey brand in the world. The other brands in this category include Finlandia, Canadian Mist, el Jimador, and Chambord, among others. In FY2016, the Spirits category reported revenue of USD3,809 million, which accounted for 95% of the company's total revenue.
The Wine category includes the company's wines and champagnes sold under Korbel and Sonoma-Cutrer labels. In FY2016, the Wine category reported revenue of USD202 million, which accounted for 5% of the company's total revenue.
In the US, Brown-Forman sells spirits and wines to distributors or directly to state governments that then sell to retail customers and consumers. The company owns and operates distribution companies in 13 markets including Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hong Kong, South Korea, Mexico, Poland, Thailand and Turkey. In these markets, and in a large portion of travel retail, it markets its products directly to retailers, to wholesalers and in Canada to provincial governments. In the UK, it sells its products through another supplier, Bacardi. In other markets such as Italy, Japan, Russia, and South Africa, Brown-Forman distributes its brands through third-parties under fixed-term distribution contracts.
The company also owns production facilities, which include distilleries, a winery, a concentrate plant, bottling plants, warehousing operations, saw mills, and cooperages.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Europe, Australia, and Other Countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 45.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe with 31%; Australia with 9.4%; and Other Countries with 13.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Brown-Forman Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Brown-Forman Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Brown-Forman Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Brown-Forman Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Brown-Forman Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Brown-Forman Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Brown-Forman Corporation?
- How has Brown-Forman Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Brown-Forman Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Brown-Forman Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Brown-Forman Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Brown-Forman Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years