Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. is an operator of senior living facilities in the US. The company operates 1,055 communities in 47 states of the US and serves approximately 103,000 residents.
Brookdale operates through five segments: Assisted Living, Management Services, Retirement Centers, 'Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) - Rental', and Brookdale Ancillary Services.
The Assisted Living segment includes owned or leased communities that offer housing and 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to mid-acuity frail and elderly residents. The segment includes both freestanding, multi-story communities (with more than 50 beds and smaller) and freestanding single story communities (with less than 50 beds). The Assisted Living segment offers ongoing health assessments, three meals per day and snacks, coordination of special diets planned by a registered dietitian, assistance with coordination of physician care, social and recreational activities, housekeeping and personal laundry services. Brookdale also operates memory care communities which are freestanding assisted living communities specially designed for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. This segment operates 768 assisted living communities with 50,686 units. In FY2016, the Assisted Living segment reported revenues of $2,419.5 million, which accounted for 48.6% of the company's total revenue.
The Management Services segment includes communities owned by the company pursuant to management agreements. The segment operates 153 communities with 26,090 units, where the company provides management services for third parties or unconsolidated ventures in which Brookdale has an ownership interest. In FY2016, the Management Services segment reported revenues of $808.4 million, which accounted for 16.2% of the company's total revenue.
The Retirement Centers segment provides residents with basic services such as meal service, 24-hour emergency response, housekeeping, concierge services, transportation and recreational activities. Majority of the company's retirement center communities consist of both independent living and assisted living units in a single community. The segment operates 93 retirement center communities with 17,094 units. In FY2016, the Retirement Centers segment reported revenues of $679.5 million, which accounted for 13.7% of the company's total revenue.
The 'CCRCs - Rental' segment offers a range of living arrangements and services to accommodate all levels of physical ability and health. Most of the company's CCRCs have independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing available on one campus or within the immediate market, and some also include memory care/Alzheimer's service areas. The segment operates 41 rental CCRC communities with 9,534 units. In FY2016, the CCRC - Rental segment reported revenues of $592.8 million, which accounted for 11.9% of the company's total revenue.
Brookdale ancillary services segment includes the outpatient therapy, home health and hospice services, as well as education and wellness programs, provided to residents of many of the company's communities, and to seniors living outside of its communities. In FY2016, the Brookdale Ancillary Services segment reported revenues of $476.8 million, which accounted for 9.6% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the US accounted for 100% of the company’s total revenues in FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.?
- How has Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Brookdale Senior Living, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years