Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. is one of the leading suppliers of networking hardware and software products as well as services to businesses and organizations. It offers networking equipment and software, including storage area networking (SAN) solutions and internet protocol (IP) networking solutions. The company's solutions enable customers to deploy next-generation data center architectures and technologies, including mobility, virtualization, cloud computing, software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and network visibility and analytics (NVA). Brocade primarily operates in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific.
The company is organized into three reportable segments: SAN Products, IP Networking, and Global Services.
The SAN Products segment includes infrastructure products and solutions that assist customers in the development and deployment of storage and server consolidation, disaster recovery and data security, and in meeting compliance requirements regarding data management. The company's products are used in conjunction with servers and storage subsystems, SAN interconnection components, and server and storage management software applications and tools. The segment offers a family of Fibre Channel (FC) SAN backbones, directors, and fabric and embedded switches that provide interconnection, bandwidth, and high-speed switching between servers and storage devices. In addition, Brocade provides a range of Fibre Channel (FC) fabric extension, analytics, switching, and routing solutions. In FY2016, the SAN Products segment reported revenues of $1,229.2 million, which accounted for 52.4% of the company's total revenue.
Brocade's IP networking products include Layer 2 and Layer 3 Ethernet switches and routers that are designed to connect users over private and public networks including local area, metro, and within and across global data centers. Brocade also offers converged network products, and a portfolio of related software and hardware-based data networking offerings. Additionally, the company offers Layer 4-7 products that are designed for application traffic management and server load balancing. Brocade also offers a comprehensive range of wireless products for the network edge. The Brocade SDN Controller provides an open platform for the scalable management of end-to-end services across a range of underlying physical and virtual network infrastructure, such as switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, and load balancers. In FY2016, the IP Networking Products segment reported revenues of $730.4 million, which accounted for 31.1% of the company's total revenue.
Brocade’s Global Services segment offers a range of consulting and post-contract customer support (PCS) services that assist customers in designing, implementing, deploying and managing advanced networking solutions as well as support services. Its consulting services include resident service arrangements where Brocade consultants optimize customer networks and perform consolidations, migrations, and advanced implementations. In addition to PCS arrangements, Brocade offers premier support, a high-touch, proactive level of support focused on problem avoidance, account management, and accelerated responsiveness. In FY2016, the Global Services segment reported revenues of $386 million, which accounted for 16.5% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely the US, Japan, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, and Canada, Central and South America. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 51.3% of the company's total revenues, followed by Japan with 4.3%; Europe, the Middle East and Africa with 28.8%; Asia Pacific with 13.6%; and Canada, Central and South America with 2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.?
- How has Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years