Broadcom Limited is a designer, developer and supplier of a range of semiconductors including complex digital and mixed signal complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) based devices and analog III-V based products. The company’s products and solutions are used in enterprise and data center networking, home connectivity, broadband access, telecommunications equipment, smartphones, data center servers and storage, factory automation, power generation and alternative energy systems, and electronic displays.
The company primarily operates in China, the US, Singapore, and other countries. The company operates through four reportable segments aligned with its principal target markets: Wired Infrastructure, Wireless Communications, Enterprise Storage, and Industrial and Other. The company’s Wired Infrastructure segment provides semiconductor solutions for set-top boxes and the digital subscriber line, cable and fiber broadband access markets.
The segment also provides a broad set of standard Ethernet switching technology to deliver system-on-chip (SoCs), for high performance compute applications, supplies high speed serializer/deserializer technology integrated into application specific integrated circuits (ASICs). The company also offers transceivers that receive and transmit Ethernet data packets along copper wire or optical fibers.
In addition, Broadcom provides optical laser and receiver components to the storage, Ethernet networking, access, metro and long-haul telecommunication markets.
In FY2016, the Wired Infrastructure segment reported revenues of $6,582 million, which accounted for 49.7% of the company's total revenue. Broadcom’s Wireless Communication segment offers a variety of radio frequency (RF) semiconductor devices that amplify, and filter, RF signals. The company's portfolio of products includes front end modules (FEMs) that incorporate multiple die into multi-function RF devices; duplexers and multiplexers, which are a combination of a transmit and a receive filter in a single device.
The segment’s products are primarily used in smartphones and tablets. In addition to RF devices, the company provides optoelectronic sensors for mobile handset applications. In FY2016, the Wireless Communications segment reported revenues of $3,724 million, which accounted for 28.1% of the company's total revenue. Broadcom’s Enterprise Storage Products are designed to enable secure movement of digital data to and from host machines such as servers, personal computers and storage systems to the underlying storage devices including hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid state drives (SSDs).
The segment provides read channel-based system on chip (SoCs) and preamplifiers to HDD original equipment manufacturer (OEMs). In addition, the company supplies custom flash controllers to SSD OEMs, and serial attached small computer system interface (SCSI) (SAS) and redundant array of independent disks (RAID) controller and adapter solutions to server and storage system OEMs. Further, the company provides fibre channel host bus adapters which connect servers to fibre channel storage area networks (FCSANs).
In FY2016, the Enterprise Storage segment reported revenues of $2,291 million, which accounted for 17.3% of the company's total revenue. The company's Industrial and Other segment offers a range of products for the general industrial and automotive markets. It offers optical isolators or optocouplers, which provide electrical insulation and signal isolation. For industrial motors and robotic motion control, Broadcom offers optical encoders, as well as ICs for the controller and decoder functions. For electronic signs and signals, it supplies light emitting diode (LED) assemblies to support traffic signals, commercial signs and other displays. For industrial networking, the company provides optical transceivers that enable quick and interoperable networking and factory automation. This segment also includes IP licensing business of the company.
In FY2016, the Industrial and Other segment reported revenues of $643 million, which accounted for 4.9% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely China, the US, Singapore and Other. In FY2016, China segment accounted for 54.3% of the company's total revenues, followed by the US with 8.5%; Singapore with 1.9%; and Other with 35.4%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Broadcom Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Broadcom Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Broadcom Limited ’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Broadcom Limited ’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Broadcom Limited ’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Broadcom Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Broadcom Limited ?
- How has Broadcom Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Broadcom Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Broadcom Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Broadcom Limited ’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Broadcom Limited ? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years