Bristol-Myers Squibb Company , through its divisions and subsidiaries, is engaged in the discovery, development, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and sale of biopharmaceutical products. The company's products are sold worldwide, primarily to wholesalers, retail pharmacies, hospitals, government entities and the medical profession. It has its operations in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, and other regions of the world. The company operates in one reportable business segment: Biopharmaceuticals.
The company's Biopharmaceuticals segment is engaged in the discovery, development, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and sale of innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. The company's pharmaceutical products include chemically-synthesized drugs (small molecules), and an increasing portion of products produced from biological processes (typically involving recombinant DNA technology), called biologics.
The primary therapeutic areas that the company addresses include cardiovascular; virology, including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection; oncology; and immunoscience. In cardiovascular therapeutic area, the company, under a worldwide co-development and co-commercialization agreement with Pfizer, offers Eliquis (apixaban), an oral Factor Xa inhibitor, targeted at stroke prevention in adult patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation and the prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolic disorders.
In oncology therapeutic area, BMS’s drugs include Empliciti (elotuzumab), Opdivo (nivolumab), Sprycel (dasatinib), and Yervoy (ipilimumab). Under an alliance with AbbVie, BMS has exclusive global rights to co-develop and commercialize Empliciti, a humanized monoclonal antibody for the treatment of multiple myeloma. With Ono Pharmaceutical (Ono), BMS has an alliance under which BMS is the principal in the end customer product sales and has the exclusive right to develop, manufacture and commercialize Opdivo in all territories worldwide except Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
Opdivo is a fully human monoclonal antibody approved and continues to be investigated as an anti-cancer treatment. With Otsuka Pharmaceutical (Otsuka), BMS has an alliance for Sprycel in the US, Japan and the European Union. Sprycel is an oral inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinase indicated for the first-line treatment of adults with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia in chronic phase and the treatment of adults with chronic, accelerated, or myeloid or lymphoid blast phase chronic myeloid leukemia with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy.
BMS offers Yervoy, a monoclonal antibody for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma. In virology therapeutic area, BMS offers Baraclude (entecavir), an oral antiviral agent for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B. BMS also offers products under three franchises in virology therapeutic area, namely, Hepatitis C franchise, Reyataz franchise, and Sustiva franchise.
In Hepatitis C franchise, BMS offers Daklinza, and Sunvepra. Reyataz franchise includes Reyataz, a protease inhibitor for the treatment of HIV, and Evotaz (atazanavir 300 mg and cobicistat 150 mg). Sustiva franchise is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor for the treatment of HIV. In immunoscience therapeutic area, BMS has an alliance with Ono to co-develop and co-commercialize Orencia (abatacept), a fusion protein indicated for adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis and is also indicated for reducing signs and symptoms in certain pediatric patients with moderately to severely active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis. BMS also has a worldwide commercialization agreement with Otsuka to co-develop and co-promote Abilify, excluding certain Asian countries.
Abilify is an antipsychotic agent for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar mania disorder and major depressive disorder. In addition, BMS has joint ventures with Gilead Sciences (Gilead) in the US (for the US and Canada) and in Europe to develop and commercialize Atripla (efavirenz 600 mg/ emtricitabine 200 mg/ tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg), combining Sustiva, a product of BMS, and Truvada (emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate), a product of Gilead.
Atripla is indicated for the treatment of HIV-1 infection. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Europe, Rest of the World, and Other (include royalties and alliance-related revenues for products not sold by BMS’s regional commercial organizations). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 55.2% of the company's total revenues; followed by Europe with 21.7%; Rest of the World with 20.4%; and Other (include royalties and alliance-related revenues for products not sold by BMS’s regional commercial organizations) with 2.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bristol-Myers Squibb Company listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bristol-Myers Squibb Company operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company?
- How has Bristol-Myers Squibb Company performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bristol-Myers Squibb Company rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bristol-Myers Squibb Company strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bristol-Myers Squibb Company’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years