Briggs & Stratton Corporation is engaged in designing and manufacturing air cooled gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. The company offers these products for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide. Additionally, it markets and sells related service parts and accessories for its engines. Briggs & Stratton, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Briggs and Stratton Power Products Group, designs, manufactures, and markets generators, pressure washers, snow throwers, lawn and garden equipment such as riding and related service parts and accessories. The company’s products are designed, manufactured, marketed, and serviced in over 100 countries in six continents.
The company operates through two reportable segments: Engines and Products.
The Engines segment manufactures four-cycle aluminum alloy gasoline engines with horsepower ranging from 5.5 hp (horse power) up to 37 hp and torques that range from 4.50 ft-lbs (foot-pound) gross torque to 21.00 ft-lbs gross torque. The company's engines are used primarily by the lawn and garden equipment industries for use in walk-behind lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers, garden tillers and snow throwers. It also offers engines for use in products for industrial, construction, agricultural and other consumer applications that include portable and standby generators, pumps and pressure washers. The segment also manufactures replacement engines and service parts and sells them to sales and service distributors. In FY2016, the Engines segment reported revenues of $1,142.8 million, which accounted for 59.7% of the company's total revenue.
Briggs & Stratton has joint ventures with Daihatsu Motor Company for the manufacture of engines in Japan, and with Starting Industrial of Japan for the production of rewind starters and punch press components in the US. The company also has a relationship with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) for the global distribution of air cooled gasoline engines manufactured by MHI in Japan under Briggs & Stratton's Vanguard brand. The company manufactures engines and parts at various locations, including Auburn, Alabama; Statesboro, Georgia; Murray, Kentucky; Poplar Bluff, Missouri; Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; and Chongqing, China. Briggs & Stratton has a parts distribution center in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, and Nijmegen, Netherlands.
The company's Products segment primarily offers portable and standby generators, pressure washers, snow throwers and lawn and garden power equipment. The segment sells products through multiple channels of retail distribution, including consumer home centers, warehouse clubs, mass merchants and independent dealers. It sells lawn and garden products and standby generators primarily through an independent dealer network and sells pressure washers and portable generators primarily through the US mass retail channel. The segment's product lines are marketed under brands, including Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro, Ferris, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco, and Victa, as well as other brands such as Craftsman and Troy-Bilt. The segment's manufacturing facilities are located in Munnsville, New York; Wauwatosa, Wisconsin; Holdrege, Nebraska; Lee's Summit, Missouri; and Sydney, Australia. The segment also purchases certain powered equipment under contract manufacturing agreements. In FY2016, the Products segment reported revenues of $772.2 million, which accounted for 40.3% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely the US and all other countries. In FY2016, the US accounted for 71.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by all other countries with 28.2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Briggs and Stratton Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Briggs and Stratton Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Briggs and Stratton Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Briggs and Stratton Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Briggs and Stratton Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Briggs and Stratton Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Briggs and Stratton Corporation?
- How has Briggs and Stratton Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Briggs and Stratton Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Briggs and Stratton Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Briggs and Stratton Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Briggs and Stratton Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years