Boston Scientific Corporation is engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of less-invasive medical devices. It offers several products in the areas of interventional cardiology, cardiac rhythm management (CRM), endoscopy, peripheral interventions, urology and pelvic health, neuromodulation, and electrophysiology. The company operates in the US, Japan, and other countries.
The company operates through three business segments: Cardiovascular; MedSurg; and Rhythm Management. The Cardiovascular business segment of the company offers its products through two business divisions: interventional cardiology; and peripheral intervention. Boston Scientific's interventional cardiology business division develops and manufactures products used to diagnose and treat coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders, including structural heart conditions.
The company's interventional cardiology products include coronary stents, including drug-eluting and bare metal stent systems, balloon catheters, rotational atherectomy systems, guide wires, guide catheters, embolic protection devices, crossing and re-entry devices for the treatment of chronically occluded coronary vessels, diagnostic catheters, and intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) imaging systems.
Structural heart product offerings of the company include a device for transcatheter aortic valve replacement and a device designed to close the left atrial appendage in patients with atrial fibrillation that are at risk for ischemic stroke.
The peripheral intervention business unit offers products designed to treat patients with peripheral disease, including a line of medical devices used in percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and peripheral vascular stenting. Peripheral product offerings portfolio consists of stents, balloon catheters, wires, peripheral embolization devices and other devices used to diagnose and treat peripheral vascular disease, along with products to treat, diagnose and ease various forms of cancer.
The company also sells products designed to treat patients with non-vascular disease. The non-vascular products include biliary stents, drainage catheters and micro-puncture sets designed to treat, diagnose and ease various forms of benign and malignant tumors. In FY2016, the Cardiovascular segment reported revenues of $3,617 million, which accounted for 43.1% of the company's total revenue*.
The MedSurg business segment of Boston Scientific offers its products through three business divisions: endoscopy; urology/pelvic health; and neuromodulation. The company's endoscopy business division offers a range of pulmonary and gastrointestinal (GI) conditions. Common GI disease states include esophageal disorders, GI strictures and bleeding, pancreatico-biliary disease and other associated conditions, as well as esophageal, biliary, pancreatic and colon cancer.
The division also offers interventional bronchoscopy devices which are used to diagnose, treat and ease pulmonary disease systems within the airway and lungs. Boston Scientific's urology/pelvic health business unit develops, manufactures and sells devices to treat various urological and pelvic conditions. Within its urology business, the company sells a variety of products designed to treat patients with urinary stone disease and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
The company offers a line of stone management products, including ureteral stents, wires, lithotripsy devices, stone retrieval devices, sheaths, balloons and catheters. Within its pelvic health business, the company markets a range of devices for the treatment of conditions such as stress urinary incontinence, pelvic floor reconstruction (rebuilding of the anatomy to its original state), menorrhagia (excessive menstrual bleeding), and uterine fibroids and polyps.
The company offers mid-urethral sling products, sling materials, graft materials, pelvic floor reconstruction kits, and suturing devices. The company markets its Genesys Hydro ThermAblator (HTA) System, an ablation system designed to ablate the endometrial lining of the uterus in premenopausal women with menorrhagia, and Symphion System for the removal of intrauterine fibroids and polyps. Under the neuro-modulation business division, the company markets the Precision and Precision Spectra spinal cord stimulator (SCS) system for the management of chronic pain.
In FY2016, the Medsurg segment reported revenues of $3,204 million, which accounted for 38.2% of the company's total revenue*. The company's Rhythm Management business segment provides its products under two business division: cardiac rhythm management (CRM) and electrophysiology.
The CRM business division develops, manufactures and markets a variety of implantable devices including implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) systems, implantable cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillators, and implantable pacemaker systems that monitor the heart and deliver electricity to treat cardiac abnormalities.
The company's electrophysiology business division develops less-invasive medical technologies used in the diagnosis and treatment of rate and rhythm disorders of the heart. Boston Scientific's electrophysiology products include steerable radio frequency (RF) ablation catheters, intra-cardiac ultrasound catheters, diagnostic catheters, delivery sheaths, and other accessories.
In FY2016, the Rhythm Management segment reported revenues of $2,255 million, which accounted for 26.9% of the company's total revenue*. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely the US, Japan, and Other Countries. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 56.7% of the company's total revenues, followed by Japan with 8.9%; and Other Countries with 34.3%. * As reported by the company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Boston Scientific Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Boston Scientific Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Boston Scientific Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Boston Scientific Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Boston Scientific Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Boston Scientific Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Boston Scientific Corporation?
- How has Boston Scientific Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Boston Scientific Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Boston Scientific Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Boston Scientific Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Boston Scientific Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years