BorgWarner Inc. is a supplier of clean and efficient technology solutions for combustion, hybrid and electric vehicles. The company sells its products primarily to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of light vehicles, including passenger cars, sport-utility vehicles, vans and light trucks. Its products are also sold to OEMs of commercial vehicles, including medium-duty trucks, heavy-duty trucks, buses, and off-highway vehicles such as agricultural and construction machinery and marine applications. Additionally, the company manufactures and sells its products for tier 1 vehicle systems suppliers and for the aftermarket of light, commercial and off-highway vehicles.
The company primarily operates in the Europe, the Americas and Asia. The company operates through two business segments: Engine and Drivetrain. BorgWarner's Engine segment develops and manufactures products to optimize engines for fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. The segment's products portfolio includes turbochargers, timing systems, emissions systems, thermal systems, thermostats, diesel cold start and gasoline ignition technology.
The Engine segment provides turbochargers for light, commercial and off-highway applications for diesel and gasoline engine manufacturers in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The Engine segment also designs and manufactures turbo actuators using integrated electronics to precisely control turbocharger speed and pressure ratio. The company supplies light vehicle turbochargers to a number of OEMs, including BMW, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Ford, General Motors, Great Wall, Hyundai, Renault, Volkswagen, and Volvo.
The company also supplies turbochargers to several commercial vehicle and off-highway OEMs including Caterpillar, Daimler, Deutz, John Deere, MAN, Navistar and Weichai. The Engine segment's turbocharger technologies include regulated two-stage turbocharging system, known as R2S, regulated 3-stage turbocharging systems (R3S), variable turbine geometry (VTG) turbochargers and turbochargers for gasoline direct injected engines, all of which are found in numerous applications around the world.
The segment also offers timing systems products, including timing chain, variable cam timing (VCT), crankshaft and camshaft sprockets, tensioners, guides and snubbers. It also provides HY-VO, front-wheel drive (FWD) transmission chain and four-wheel drive (4WD) chain for light vehicles. It also provides products such as electric air pumps, and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) modules, EGR coolers, EGR tubes and EGR valves for gasoline and diesel applications, glow plugs and instant starting systems. In addition, the Engine segment designs, manufactures and markets viscous fan drives, polymer fans and coolant pumps.
In FY2016, the Engine segment reported revenues of $5,590.1 million, which accounted for 61.3% of the company's total revenue. The company's Drivetrain segment designs and manufactures mechanical products for automatic transmission components and all-wheel drive (AWD) vehicles and rotating electrical components for light and commercial vehicle OEMs and the aftermarket.
The Drivetrain segment's products include friction, mechanical and controls products for automatic transmissions and torque management products for AWD vehicles. The segment's friction and mechanical products for automatic transmissions include dual clutch modules, friction clutch modules, friction and steel plates, transmission bands, torque converter clutches, one-way clutches and torsional vibration dampers.
The segment's controls products include electro-hydraulic solenoids for standard and high pressure hydraulic systems, transmission solenoid modules, and dual clutch control modules. The segment's torque management products include rear-wheel drive (RWD)-AWD transfer case systems, FWD-AWD coupling systems and cross-axle coupling systems. The company also offers a variety of transfer case technologies, including Torque On-Demand (TOD), chain-driven, gear-driven, pre-emptive, part-time, one-speed and two-speed transfer cases.
The company is also involved in the AWD market for FWD based vehicles with couplings that use electronically-controlled clutches to distribute power to the rear wheels. In FY2016, the Drivetrain segment reported revenues of $3,523.7 million, which accounted for 38.7% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely the US, China, South Korea, Mexico and Europe. In FY2016, the US accounted for 25.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by China with 14%; South Korea with 10.9%; Mexico with 9.3%; and Europe with 40%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BorgWarner Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BorgWarner Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BorgWarner Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BorgWarner Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BorgWarner Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BorgWarner Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BorgWarner Inc.?
- How has BorgWarner Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BorgWarner Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BorgWarner Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BorgWarner Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BorgWarner Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years