Borealis is involved in offering chemical and plastic solutions. The company is owned 64% by the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) and 36% owned by OMV, an energy group. Borealis operates in Europe, the US, Brazil, Mexico, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
The company operates its business through two segments: polyolefins and base chemicals.
Borealis' polyolefins segment focus on five market sectors: pipes and fittings systems, energy, automotive, consumer products, and new business development.
The company's polyolefin pipes and fittings system solutions are used in the water and gas distribution, waste and sewage disposal, irrigation, in-house plumbing and heating, and oil and gas exploration and transportation. The company offers polyolefin compounds for the global wire and cable industry. Its solutions are used in various voltage energy transmission and distribution cables; data and communication cables; and building and automotive wires and cables.
Borealis offers plastics solutions to the automotive industry that are used for bumpers, body panels, trims, dashboards, door claddings, climate control and cooling systems, air intake manifolds and battery cases.
The company provides polyolefin plastics for packaging and fiber solutions. It offers for flexible packaging (lamination film, shrink film, and stand-up pouches) as well as to rigid packaging (caps and closures, bottles, thin wall packaging and transport packaging). It also offers products and solutions in the areas of healthcare, plastomers and foamable materials based on its proprietary technologies.
Borealis's base chemicals segment includes the products, such as phenol/acetone (phenol and acetone), feedstock (naphtha and liquefied natural gas (LPG)), olefins (ethylene, propylene and butadiene), melamine and fertilizer.
The company sources basic feedstock such as naphtha, butane, propane and ethane from the international oil and gas markets and converts these into ethylene, propylene and cracker co-products through its hydrocarbon units.
Phenol, benzene and cumene as well as acetone are produced in Finland for adhesive, fiber, epoxy resin and polycarbonate industries in Northern and Eastern Europe. In the Nordic and Baltic regions, Borealis produces phenol, which is used in adhesives, construction materials, carpets, compact discs (CDs), digital versatile discs (DVDs), mobile phones and household appliances. Acetone is commonly used in solvents for paints, acrylics, fibers and pharmaceuticals, while benzene and cumene are feedstock for other chemical processes.
Borealis produces melamine at its plants in Linz, Austria; and Piesteritz, Germany. Melamine is used as a material for the production of synthetic resins.
Borouge is a joint venture between Borealis and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), a Middle East-based oil and gas company. It operates in the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Borealis AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Borealis AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Borealis AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Borealis AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Borealis AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Borealis AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Borealis AG?
- How has Borealis AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Borealis AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Borealis AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Borealis AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Borealis AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years