Bord Na Mona is an Ireland-based company engaged in the business of power generation, waste and recovery, horticulture, fuels, biomass, and feedstock sectors. The company operates in Europe and the US.
The company operates its business through six business units: powergen, waste and recovery, biomass, peat, fuels and horticulture.
Bord Na Mona's powergen business unit is engaged in the generation of electricity through the Edenderry Power Plant a peat/biomass generating unit, Cushaling peaking plant, Bellacorick, Mountlucas and Bruckana wind farms, and the Drehid landfill gas facility. In FY2016, the powergen business unit reported revenues of EUR103.4 million, which accounted for 23.9% of the company's total revenue including other business.
The company's waste and recovery business unit provides AES waste collection services, through AES, which serves over 100,000 domestic customers and over 4,000 commercial customers across Ireland; biodegradable waste management services through Drehid site; landfill and gas utilization services from the Drehid site, which can produce 5.6 megawatts of renewable power. It operates two waste transfer centers, three waste recovery facilities, a mixed dry recyclables recovery facility, a bio-waste facility and a landfill site. The company operates waste collection services under the AES brand. In FY2016, the waste and recovery business unit reported revenues of EUR95.5 million, which accounted for 22.1% of the company's total revenue.
Bord Na Mona's biomass business unit produces biomass at its Edenderry Power Station. The company's peat business unit supplies milled peat to Bord na Mona’s Edenderry power plant, and the two ESB power plants, Lough Ree Power and West Offaly Power. This unit also supplies peat to the horticulture and fuels businesses for the manufacture of growing media products for the professional and retail markets and peat briquettes. In FY2016, the peat business unit reported revenues of EUR85.8 million, which accounted for 19.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's fuels business unit is engaged in manufacturing and marketing peat briquettes, coal, smokeless coal, wood logs and kindling, stove fuels and convenient products such as Firepak, Firelog and Firelighters. In FY2016, the fuels business unit reported revenues of EUR85.8 million, which accounted for 19.8% of the company's total revenue.
Bord na Mona's horticulture business unit provides peat diluted media products under the brand, Growise. In FY2016, the horticulture business unit reported revenues of EUR58.9 million, which accounted for 13.6% of the company's total revenue.
The company provides garden care services such as soil improvers, composts, grow bags, and decorative barks.
Bord na Mona's subsidiaries include the following: Renewable Energy Ireland Limited, Bord na Mona Allen Peat Limited, Edenderry Power Limited, Cushaling Power Limited, Bord na Mona Fuels Limited, Bord na Mona Environmental Products (UK) Limited, Bord na Mona Environmental Products US Inc, Derryarkin Sand and Gravel Limited, and Mountlucas Wind Farm Limited.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bord na Mona Plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bord na Mona Plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bord na Mona Plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bord na Mona Plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bord na Mona Plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bord na Mona Plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bord na Mona Plc?
- How has Bord na Mona Plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bord na Mona Plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bord na Mona Plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bord na Mona Plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bord na Mona Plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years