Books-A-Million is a US-based books retail company. The company operates over 260 retail book stores in 32 US states and the District of Columbia.
The company operates through three business segments: retail trade, electronic commerce trade, and real estate development and management.
Books-A-Million's retail trade segment is engaged in operating retail stores through superstores and traditional bookstores. The superstores offers selection of books, magazines and general merchandise, including gifts, cards, games, toys, collectibles, music, digital videos discs (DVDs), electronic devices and accessories.
The company's electronic commerce trade segment is engaged in the retail sale of books and general merchandise through the internet.
Books-A-Million's real estate development and management segment is engaged in developing and leasing commercial retail real estate properties.
The company’s offerings include books, e-books, bargain books, books for teens, books for kids, toys and games, electronics, movies and music collection, magazines, and Fandom collection.
Books-A-Million offers books on biography, calendars and planners, comics, cookbooks, diet and health, fantasy, fiction, graphic novels, history, manga, non-fiction, romance, science fiction, self-help and growth, sports, thrillers and westerns.
The company provides e-books on biography, business, cookbooks, fiction and history. Books-A-Million offers bargain books on biography, Christian fiction, cooking, diet and health, faith and inspiration, fiction, history, kids' non-fiction, non-fiction, romance, sci-fi and fantasy, and thriller.
Books-A-Million offers books for teens on fiction and graphic novels. The company offers toys and games for kids of different ages and for education under Melissa and Doug, LeapFrog, LEGO, Funko, Disney, Pusheen, Calico Critters, Shopkins and Skip Hop brands.
The company's electronics include virtual reality (VR) headsets, record carrying cases, smartphone projectors, speakers, headphones, turntables, chargers and batteries, electronic accessories, ear buds, iPad and tablet accessories, Minecraft and gaming, and tech guidebooks.
Books-A-Million offers movies collection of the following categories: kids and family movies, movies inspired by books, documentaries and anime. The company provides magazines on automotive, business, computer, crafts and hobbies, and entertainment subjects.
The company's Fandom collection includes gifts and interests, such as graphic novels, comics, BAM! Vinyl, cafe gifts, toys, literary gifts, movies and music, tech gifts, book accessories by if house, calendars and planners, gift cards, e-gift certificates, gift services, and business services.
Books-A-Million‘s subsidiaries are American Wholesale Book Company, Inc.; booksamillion.com; BAM Card Services, LLC; Preferred Growth Properties, LLC; PGP Florence, LLC; PGP Gardendale, LLC; PGP Partners, LLC; PGP Fayetteville, LLC; and PGP Jacksonville, LLC.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Books-A-Million, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Books-A-Million, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Books-A-Million, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Books-A-Million, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Books-A-Million, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Books-A-Million, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Books-A-Million, Inc.?
- How has Books-A-Million, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Books-A-Million, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Books-A-Million, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Books-A-Million, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Books-A-Million, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years