Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH is the Boehringer family-owned group of companies. The group concentrates mainly on the research, development, manufacturing and marketing novel medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. It has 143 affiliated companies and operates global networks of research and development (R&D) facilities at five sites and 19 production sites in nine countries. The group has its presence in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Australia and Africa.
BI operates through four business segments: Prescription Medicines; Animal Health; Biopharmaceuticals; and Industrial Customers And Other Sales.
The Prescription Medicines segment is the key pillar of BI's activities. The company provides prescription medicines for respiratory disease, cardiovascular disease, metabolic disease, oncology, diseases of the central nervous system and immunology. Some of the key medicinal products supplied by BI include Spiriva (tiotropium) for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); Micardis for the treatment of hypertension; Pradax for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and thromboembolic disease; and Trajenta/Jentadueto for type 2 diabetes.
In FY2016, the Prescription Medicines segment reported revenues of E12,036 million, which accounted for 75.9% of the group’s total revenue.
The Animal Health Segment provides a range of products covering biological, pharmaceuticals, and natural care. It provides drugs for livestock (swine, poultry, and cattle) and for companion animals (horse and small animals). It produces such drugs as Ingelvac Circoflex, the first single-dose piglet vaccine for the control of porcine circovirus disease (PCVD); Metacam, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug for the treatment of pain and inflammatory diseases in dogs and cats; Ingelvac PRRS, for the active immunization against the respiratory and reproductive form of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS); and Pyramid, family of vaccines is providing a broad coverage against respiratory and reproductive diseases. In FY2016, the Animal Health segment reported revenues of E1,460 million, which accounted for 9.2% of the group’s total revenue.
Under the Biopharmaceuticals segment, the group is engaged in the development and production of biopharmaceuticals, with business focusing on contract manufacturing and biosimilars, in addition to the process development of new biological entities (NBEs). BI’s biopharmaceutical activities in Germany (Biberach), Austria (Vienna), the US (Fremont) and China (Shanghai) comprises the manufacturing of own-brand marketable products (such as actilyse, metalyse and praxbind).
In FY2016, the Biopharmaceuticals segment reported revenues of E613 million, which accounted for 3.9% of the group’s total revenue.
The Industrial Customers And Other Sales segment encompass BI's third-party businesses in the field of pharmaceutical and chemical production and sales of pharma chemicals.
In FY2016, the Industrial Customers And Other Sales segment reported revenues of E163 million, which accounted for 1% of the group’s total revenue.
In January 2017, Sanofi and BI exchanged the Consumer Healthcare (CHC) business from the group with Sanofi’s Animal Health Business (Merial). As a result the group’s CHC business was transferred to Sanofi.
In FY2016, the Consumer Health Care segment reported revenues of E1,578 million, which accounted for 10% of the group’s total revenue.
Geographically, the group classifies its operations into six segments, namely the US, Japan, Germany, Europe (excluding Germany), Asia/Australia/Africa (excluding Japan), and the Americas (excluding the US). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 33.8% of the group’s total revenues, followed by Japan with 13.4%; Germany with 6%; Europe (excluding Germany) with 26%; Asia/Australia/Africa (excluding Japan) with 13.2%; and the Americas (excluding the US) with 7.5%;
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH?
- How has Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years