Blue Coat Systems , is a US-based company engaged in providing web security and wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions. The company is a subsidiary of Bain Capital, LLC. Blue Coat operates in the America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
The company offers blue coat security platform, advanced web and cloud security, advanced threat protection, encrypted traffic management, incident response and network forensics, network performance and optimization, platform services, and government solutions.
Blue Coat's blue coat security platform manages the complexities of several shifts taking place in computing landscape. The company's advanced web and cloud security solutions include hybrid web and cloud security, cloud-delivered web security, on-premise web security, CASB - cloud access security broker, cloud visibility and intelligence, cloud access security, and cloud data protection. Blue Coat also offers ProxySG, web security service, mobile device security service, content analysis and malware analysis.
The company's advanced threat protection solutions offer mail threat defense, web application firewall, Blue Coat webfilter and intelligence services. Blue Coat's encrypted traffic management solutions include SSL visibility appliance, which offers data integrity, auditing of the decrypted data, and monitoring and logging of data for compliance purposes.
Blue Coat's incident response and network forensics solutions offer security analytics and malware analysis. The company's network performance and optimization solutions include Cacheflow, a performance web caching solution designed to help service providers save on bandwidth and accelerate the delivery of Web 2.0 content, including video; Mach5 offers combined protocol acceleration, compression, object and byte caching to help accelerate key applications such as file access, email, web, storage replication and backup; and Packetshaper offer platforms for specific business needs.
The company's platform services include global intelligence network, cloud infrastructure, open architecture, reporting and management, hosted reporting service, scalable x-series platform and data loss prevention (DLP). Blue Coat's also offers government solutions.
The company's customers cover a range of industries, including financial services, healthcare, managed services, retail, manufacturing, government, education, communication and media, distribution and hospitality. Its customers include ACE Insurance, British Telecom PLC, Grupo Lala, Aoyama Gakuin School Corporation, Hampshire Constabulary, Omnicare Clinical Research, Royal Caribbean, Major Defense Contractor, makro, Cantoni and Thomson Reuters.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Blue Coat Systems, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Blue Coat Systems, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Blue Coat Systems, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Blue Coat Systems, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Blue Coat Systems, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Blue Coat Systems, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Blue Coat Systems, Inc.?
- How has Blue Coat Systems, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Blue Coat Systems, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Blue Coat Systems, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Blue Coat Systems, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Blue Coat Systems, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years