BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. is engaged in the development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals. The company has its operations in the US, Europe, Latin America, and other regions of the world.
The company operates in one business segment focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for people with serious and life threatening rare diseases and medical conditions.
The company's product portfolio consists of five approved products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates. Approved products of the company are Naglazyme (galsulfase); Kuvan (sapropterin dihydrochloride); Aldurazyme (laronidase); Vimizim; and Firdapse.
Naglazyme, a product developed and commercialized by BioMarin, is indicated for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis VI (MPS VI). In FY2016, Naglazyme reported revenues of $296.5 million, which accounted for 26.5% of the company's total revenue.
Kuvan, indicated for phenylketonuria (PKU), is manufactured and commercialized by BioMarin globally (except in Japan). In FY2016, Kuvan reported revenues of $348 million, which accounted for 31.2% of the company's total revenue.
Aldurazyme, for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis I (MPS I), is a product which BioMarin developed through a 50:50 joint venture with Genzyme. In FY2016, Aldurazyme reported revenues of $93.8 million, which accounted for 8.4% of the company's total revenue.
Vimizim is an enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis IV Type A (MPS IVA). In FY2016, Vimizim reported revenues of $354.1 million, which accounted for 31.7% of the company's total revenue.
Firdapse, approved by the European Commission, is indicated for the treatment of Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LEMS). In FY2016, Firdapse reported revenues of $18 million, which accounted for 1.6% of the company's total revenue.
BioMarin also generates revenues from royalty and other sources. In FY2016, royalty and other revenues of BioMarin were $6.5 million, which accounted for 0.6% of the company's total revenue.
Product candidates of BioMarin include Brineura (formerly referred to as cerliponase alfa or BMN 190) for the treatment of late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (CLN2), a form of Batten disease; pegvaliase (formerly referred to as PEG PAL), an enzyme substitution therapy for the treatment of PKU; and vosoritide (formerly referred to as BMN 111), a peptide therapeutic for the treatment of achondroplasia, the leading cause of dwarfism.
Other product candidates of the company include BMN 270, an AAV VIII vector and Factor VIII gene therapy drug development candidate, for the treatment of hemophilia A; and BMN 250, a novel fusion of alpha-N-acetyglucosaminidase (NAGLU) with a peptide derived from insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), for the treatment of Sanfilippo B syndrome, or Mucopolysaccharidosis type IIIB (MPS IIIB). BioMarin is conducting or planning to conduct preclinical development of several other product candidates for genetic and other metabolic diseases.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Europe, Latin America, and Rest of World. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 45.4% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe with 22.6%; Latin America with 13.3%; and Rest of World with 18.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.?
- How has BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years