Biolase, Inc. is a US-based medical technology company that develops, manufactures and markets lasers in dentistry and medicine. The company operates in the US, Germany, Australia, India, Spain and France. The company’s major product categories include WaterLase systems, Diode systems, Imaging systems, 3Shape Trios CAD/CAM digital impression systems, In-office milling system, 3-D Printers. BIOLASE's Waterlase systems uses a combination of water and laser energy to perform the procedures that are performed using dental drills, scalpels and other traditional dental instruments for cutting soft and hard tissue.
The Waterlase dental laser systems consist of Waterlase iPlus, Waterlase MD Turbo and Waterlase MDX 300 and 450, which are used for cutting hard tissues, such as bone and teeth; and soft tissues, such as gums, without the heat, vibration or pressure associated with traditional dental treatments. Diode Systems include semiconductor diode lasers, iLase and EPIC systems which are used in dental procedures for cutting soft tissues, cosmetic procedures, hygiene, and teeth whitening.
The company's product portfolio consists of the EPIC X, EPIC 10 and iLase semiconductor diode lasers to perform soft tissue, hygiene and cosmetic procedures, including teeth whitening and temporary pain relief. Imaging systems offers diagnostic solutions and treatment planning solutions to complement the minimally invasive dental treatment solutions of the Biolase’s WaterLase and Diode systems.
The imaging system products include extra-oral and intra-oral dental digital imaging devices such as CEFLA NewTom VGi 3-D cone beam computed tomography device. 3Shape Trios CAD/CAM digital impression systems offers a spray-free scanning device for accuracy, patient comfort, high speed technology and accurate digital impression-taking up to 1,000 3-D pictures with live 3-D visualization, online communication capability. The company also offers replacement parts such as flexible fibers and hand pieces.
The company reports its revenue from various categories namely Laser systems; Imaging systems; Consumables and other; Services; License fees and royalties. In FY2016, the Laser systems accounted for 67.9% of the company’s total revenue; Imaging systems accounted for 5.9%; Consumables and other accounted for 13.3%; Services accounted for 12.6%; and License fees and royalties accounted for 0.3%. Geographically, the company classifies its revenue into two regions, namely, the US and International.
In FY2016 the US region accounted for 64.4% of the company’s total revenue and International region accounted for 35.6%. The company's subsidiaries include BL Acquisition II, Inc., BL Acquisition Corp., Biolase Europe, GmbH, Biolase Australia, Pty. Ltd., Biolase Spain, S.L., Societe Endo Technic, Inc., Biolase International, LLC, Occulase, Inc. and Biolase India Private Limited.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BIOLASE, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BIOLASE, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BIOLASE, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BIOLASE, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BIOLASE, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BIOLASE, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BIOLASE, Inc.?
- How has BIOLASE, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BIOLASE, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BIOLASE, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BIOLASE, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BIOLASE, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years