Biogen, Inc. , formerly known as Biogen Idec, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacturing and delivering therapies for neurological, autoimmune and hematologic disorders. The company operates in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Europe, and Central and South America. It has manufacturing facilities located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina and Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The company operates in one reportable segment: discovering, developing, manufacturing and marketing therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia and autoimmune disorders. Biogen has the following marketing products: Avonex (interferon beta-1a), Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a), Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate), Tysabri (natalizumab), Fampyra (prolonged-release fampridine tablets), Alprolix [coagulation factor IX (recombinant), Fc fusion protein], Eloctate [antihemophilic factor (recombinant), Fc fusion protein], Fumaderm (fumaric acid esters), Gazyva (obinutuzumab), and Rituxan (rituximab).
Avonex is approved for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (MS) to slow the progression of disability and reduce relapses. It is also used for the treatment of patients who have their first clinical MS attack and have a brain MRI scan consistent with MS. Plegridy, a subcutaneous injectable therapy, indicated in the US for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of MS and in the European Union (EU) for relapsing-remitting MS (RRMS).
Tecfidera received FDA approval in the US, which is indicated for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of MS. In the European Union, Tecfidera was approved as a first-line oral treatment for people with relapsing-remitting MS. Tysabri is a monoclonal antibody approved in numerous countries as a monotherapy for the treatment of patients with relapsing forms of MS. It is also approved in the US to treat Crohn's disease, an inflammatory disease of the intestines. Fampyra is a treatment indicated to improve walking in adult patients with MS who have walking disability.
The company has a license from Acorda Therapeutics to develop and commercialize Fampyra in all markets outside the US. Fumaderm is approved for the treatment of severe psoriasis in Germany. Psoriasis is a skin disease in which cells build up on the skin surface and form scales and red patches. Gazyva (obinutuzumab), in combination with chlorambucil, is indicated for the treatment of patients with previously untreated CLL. Rituxan is monoclonal antibody therapeutic used to treat non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic lymphocytic leukemia and two forms of ANCA-associated vasculitis.
The company also derives revenues from royalties received on sales by its licensees of other products covered under patents that the company owns. Royalties on sales of Angiomax by The Medicines Company (TMC) represent the company's most significant source of other revenue. Geographically, the US, Biogen, Inc.'s largest geographical market, accounted for 71.8% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached $7,050.4 million in FY2016, an increase of 7.7% over FY2015. Europe accounted for 15.6% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Europe reached $1,533.5 million in FY2016, an increase of 2.4% over FY2015.
Germany accounted for 7.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Germany reached $703.7 million in FY2016, an increase of 5.3% over FY2015. Asia accounted for 2.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Asia reached $217.3 million in FY2016, an increase of 51.2% over FY2015. Other accounted for 3.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from other reached $313 million in FY2016, a decrease of 6.1% over FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Biogen, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Biogen, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Biogen, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Biogen, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Biogen, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Biogen, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Biogen, Inc.?
- How has Biogen, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Biogen, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Biogen, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Biogen, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Biogen, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years