Biocon Ltd is an India-based healthcare company specializing in pharmaceutical and research services. The company's activities include pre-clinical discovery, clinical development and commercialization. The company operates in India, Malaysia, the UAE and Switzerland. The company's products and services include biopharmaceuticals, licensing, contract manufacturing and research services.
Biocon provides custom bio-manufacturing to domestic and international pharmaceutical companies. Biocon,is engaged in developing MAbs (monoclonal antibodies) human insulin and their analogs and other novel drug delivery systems-based proteins either in-house or in partnership with other companies.
The company offers research services through its subsidiary Syngene International, a custom research and manufacturing organization, which supports R&D programs from lead generation to clinical supplies. It also established Biocon Research Limited to undertake research in biologics, antibody molecules and proteins. In FY2017, the company spent R&D expenses of INR1,232 million, which amounted to 3.14% of the total group’s revenue.
The company's other subsidiaries include Biocon SA, Biocon Research Limited, Biocon Sdn Bhd, NeoBiocon FZ LLC and Biocon Pharma Limited. The company's business segments are categorized as Small Molecules, Biologics; Branded Formulations; and Research Services. The small molecules business provides a portfolio of APIs including generics such as statins, immunosuppressants, anti-obesity, anti-diabetics, antifungals and urologicals, among others.
The company offers biosimilars such as human insulin, insulin glargine, insulin lispro, insulin aspart, and monoclonal antibodies. It also offers formulations for therapeutic segments including metabolics, oncotherapeutics, nephrology, comprehensive care, immunotherapeutics and virology. In the fiscal year ended March 31 2017, the segment reported revenue of INR16,330 million, which accounted for 41.6% of the company’s total revenue.
Research Services segment offers drug discovery and development services for the novel molecular entities (NMEs) serving start-up companies, large pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms, chemical, nutrition, agrochemical and animal health companies in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific including Japan. In the fiscal year ended March, 31 2017, the Research Services segment contributed INR11,604 million or 29.6% towards the company’s total revenue.
The Biologics segment manufactures and develops biosimilars and novel biologic drugs. The segment’s generic insulins and biosimilars portfolio include Adalimumab, Bevacizumab, Etanercept, Filgrastim, Insulin Aspart, Insulin Glargine, Insulin Lispro, Pegfilgrastim, Recombinant Human Insulin and Trastuzumab.
The segment develops biologic drugs to address local and global unmet medical needs in the areas of diabetes, autoimmune/ inflammation and oncology. In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017,, the segment contributed INR5,793 million or 14.8% towards the company’s total revenue. The Branded Formulations segment focuses on regional markets and is operational in India and the UAE. It deals with specialty therapy segments such as Nephrology (Dialysis, Transplants), Metabolics (diabetes, cardiovascular), Immunotherapy (Inflammation, Autoimmune), Oncotherapeutics and Specialty. In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017, the Branded Formulations contributed INR5,489 million, or 14% towards the company’s total revenue.
Geographically, the company divides its operations into three segments namely India, which accounted for 30.1% of the total revenues, the US (22.9%) and rest of the world (47%)
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Biocon Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Biocon Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Biocon Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Biocon Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Biocon Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Biocon Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Biocon Limited?
- How has Biocon Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Biocon Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Biocon Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Biocon Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Biocon Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years