Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the manufacture and supply of products and systems for the life science research, healthcare, analytical chemistry, and other markets worldwide. The company's products are used to separate complex chemical and biological materials, and to identify, analyze, and purify their components. Bio-Rad operates in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Pacific Rim countries and other regions.
The company has two business segments: clinical diagnostics and life science. The clinical diagnostics segment designs, manufactures, sells and supports test systems, informatics systems, test kits and specialized quality controls that serve clinical laboratories in the global diagnostics market. The company supplies more than 3,000 different products that cover more than 300 clinical diagnostic tests to the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) test market. Products of this segment consist of reagents, instruments and software. Primary clinical diagnostic customers of this segment include hospital laboratories, reference laboratories, transfusion laboratories and physician office laboratories.
In FY2016, the clinical diagnostics segment recorded revenues of $ 1,323.3 million, an increase of 1% as compared to FY2015. The life science segment develops, manufactures, and markets a range of more than 5,000 reagents, apparatus and laboratory instruments. Many of these products are used in established research techniques, biopharmaceutical production processes and food testing regimes. These techniques are typically used to separate, purify and identify biological materials such as proteins, nucleic acids and bacteria within a laboratory or production setting.
The primary life science customers include universities and medical schools, industrial research organizations, government agencies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, biotechnology researchers, food producers and food testing laboratories. The life science segment recorded revenues of $730.7 million in FY2016, an increase of 5.1% as compared to FY2015. Bio-Rad also generates revenues through its other operations, including the remaining portion of the company's former analytical instruments segment. The other operations segment recorded revenues of $14.2 million in FY2016, an increase of 1.4% as compared to FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.?
- How has Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years