Bharti Airtel Limited is a provider of telecommunications services with presence in 20 countries in Asia and Africa. The company offers mobile, voice and data solutions using 2G, 3G and 4G technologies; an integrated suite of telecom solutions; and long-distance connectivity in India, Africa and rest of the world. The company also offers digital TV and IPTV services in India. All of the services are offered under the Airtel brand. The company had a customer base of 357.4 million at the end of March 2016.
Bharti Airtel generates revenues through eight business segments: Mobile Services India, Mobile Services Africa, Airtel Business, Tower Infrastructure Services, Telemedia Services, Digital TV Services, Mobile Services South Asia, and others.
Mobile Services India segment includes voice and data telecom services provided through wireless technology, including 2G, 3G and 4G in India. This includes the captive national long distance networks which primarily provide connectivity to the mobile services business in India. In addition, the company offers intra city fiber networks and mobile commerce services. As on March 31, 2016, the company had 251.2 million mobile subscribers; and 58.2 million data subscribers. At the end of March 2016, the company had 154,097 network towers and 118,197 mobile broadband base stations. In FY2016, the Mobile Services India segment reported revenues of INR560,818.0 million, which accounted for 53.8% of the company's total revenue.
Mobile Services Africa segment offers voice and data telecom services in the African Continent. The company has businesses in 17 countries in Africa. As on March 31, 2016, Bharti Airtel had a subscriber base of 80.6 million in Africa. The company had 15.8 million data customers and 9.6 million active customers for its Airtel money service. In addition, the company had 20,196 network sites on its network of which 13,128 were 3G sites. In FY2016, the Mobile Services Africa segment reported revenues of INR251,333 million, which accounted for 24.1% of the company's total revenue.
Airtel Business segment offers information and communications technology (ICT) solutions in India. These solutions include voice, data, video, network integration, data center services, managed services, enterprise mobility applications and digital media. Global Business, the international arm of this segment offers an integrated suite of global and local connectivity solutions across voice and data. Global Business also offers value added services (VAS) solutions like international toll free services (ITFS), signaling hubs, messaging along with managed services and satellite communications (Satcom) solutions. In FY2016, the Airtel Business segment reported revenues of INR78,033 million, which accounted for 7.5% of the company's total revenue.
Tower Infrastructure Services segment is engaged in setting up, operating and maintaining wireless communication towers in India. These services are offered through its subsidiary Bharti Infratel, which deploys, owns and manages telecom towers and communications structures in 11 circles of India and also holds 42% share in Indus Towers (a joint venture between Bharti Infratel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular). Bharti Infratel had 38,458 towers in 11 telecommunication circles at the end of the FY2016. Bharti Infratel's towers, including installations of its 42% interest in Indus, comprised of 88,808 towers in India. In FY2016, the Tower Infrastrcuture Services segment reported revenues of INR56,173 million, which accounted for 5.4% of the company's total revenue.
Telemedia Services include voice and data communications based on fixed network and broadband technology. The company provides fixed-telephone, broadband digital subscriber line (DSL) services for homes as well as enterprises across 90 cities across India. It had 3.7 million customers as of March 31, 2016. The product portfolio of the segment includes high-speed broadband of upto 100 Mbps for home segment as well as local, national and international long-distance voice connectivity. For the enterprises, the segment offers fixed-line voice (PRIs), multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), mobile, data and other connectivity solutions; collaborative solutions including audio, video and web conferencing; and cloud solutions. In FY2016, the Telemedia Services segment reported revenues of INR47,609 million, which accounted for 4.6% of the company's total revenue.
Digital TV services encompass the company's digital broadcasting services provided under the direct-to-home (DTH) platform. The company served a customer base of nine million on its DTH platform. Bharti Airtel currently offers a total of 504 channels and services, including 42 high-definition (HD) channels, four international channels and five interactive services. In addition, the company added 29 vernacular channels across languages such as Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Oriya, among others. As on March 31, 2016, the Company had its Digital TV operations in 639 districts and a customer base of 11.7 million. In FY2016, the Digital Tv Services segment reported revenues of INR29,178 million, which accounted for 2.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Mobile Services South Asia segment offers voice and data telecom services provided through wireless technology (2G/3G) in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. At the end of FY2016, the company had 10.2 million mobile customers in South Asia and 7,083 sites on network, of which 4,115 were 3G sites. In FY2016, the Mobile Services South Asia segment reported revenues of INR16,454 million, which accounted for 1.6% of the company's total revenue.
Bharti Airtel's Others segment includes administrative and support services provided to other segments. In FY2016, the Others segment reported revenues of INR3,051 million, which accounted for 0.3% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely India SA, and Africa. In FY2016, India SA segment accounted for 74.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by Africa with 25.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bharti Airtel Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bharti Airtel Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bharti Airtel Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bharti Airtel Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bharti Airtel Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bharti Airtel Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bharti Airtel Limited?
- How has Bharti Airtel Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bharti Airtel Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bharti Airtel Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bharti Airtel Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bharti Airtel Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years