Berkshire Hathaway Energy Company is a consolidated subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. BHE owns a highly diversified portfolio of primarily regulated businesses that generate, transmit, store, distribute and supply energy and serve customers across geographically diverse service territories in the Western and Midwest US, in Great Britain and Canada. As of December 31, 2016, the company owned approximately 31,600 megawatts (MW) of generation in operation and under construction where, approximately 27,000 MW of generation is owned by its regulated electric utility businesses and approximately 4,000 MW of generation is owned by the non-regulated subsidiaries, the majority of which provides power to utilities under long-term contracts. In addition, the company has approximately 32,900 miles of transmission lines.
BHE operates through eight business segments: PacifiCorp, MidAmerican Funding, NV Energy, HomeServices, Northern Powergrid, BHE Pipeline Group, BHE Renewables and BHE Transmission. PacifiCorp, an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of BHE, is the US regulated electric utility company serving 1.8 million retail electric customers in portions of Utah, Oregon, Wyoming, Washington, Idaho and California.
PacifiCorp is principally engaged in the business of generating, transmitting, distributing and selling electricity. PacifiCorp's combined service territory covers approximately 143,000 square miles and includes diverse regional economies. PacifiCorp's operations are conducted under numerous franchise agreements, certificates, permits and licenses obtained from federal, state and local authorities.
PacifiCorp has interests in coal mines that support its coal-fueled generating facilities and operates the Bridger surface and Bridger underground coal mines, as well as the Deer Creek underground coal mine. PacifiCorp's transmission system is part of the Western Interconnection, which includes the interconnected transmission systems of 14 western states, two Canadian provinces and parts of Mexico. Its transmission and distribution systems included approximately 16,500 miles of transmission lines, 63,000 miles of distribution lines and 900 substations as of December 31, 2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Berkshire Hathaway Energy in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Berkshire Hathaway Energy listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Berkshire Hathaway Energy operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Berkshire Hathaway Energy?
- How has Berkshire Hathaway Energy performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Berkshire Hathaway Energy rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Berkshire Hathaway Energy strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Berkshire Hathaway Energy? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years