Benesse Holdings is a holding company. Benesse, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in education, language, nursing care and others. The group operates in Japan, Australia, China, Hong Kong and the US.
The group operates through five segments: Domestic Education, Overseas Business, Nursing Care and Childcare, Language Learning, and Others.
Benesse through the Domestic Education segment is engaged in the correspondence course business and teacher support business, cram school/prep school business, domestic language education business, interpreting and translation business, and children's English language classes. The group's subsidiaries operating in this segment include the following: Benesse Corporation, Tokyo Individualized Educational Institute, UP Inc., Shinken-AD, Tokyo Educational Institute, Ochanomizu Seminar, Learn-S and Benesse Base-Com. In FY2016, the Domestic Education segment reported revenues of JPY194,406.0 million, which accounted for 45.2% of the company's total revenue.
The Overseas Business segment is engaged in providing correspondence courses in China and Taiwan, mainly targeting preschool students. The group's subsidiaries operating in this segment include the following: Benesse Corporation and Benesse Corporation China. In FY2016, the Overseas Business segment reported revenues of JPY28,046.0 million, which accounted for 6.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Nursing Care and Childcare segment is engaged in the nursing home business (nursing homes and residences for the elderly), home help service business for the elderly, nursing care training business, medical and nursing care staff placement business, and the daycare and after-school childcare center operation business. The group's subsidiaries operating in this segment include the following: Benesse Style Care, Benesse MCM, Benesse Palette and Benesse Senior Support. In FY2016, the Nursing Care And Childcare segment reported revenues of JPY102,996.0 million, which accounted for 23.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Language Learning segment is involved in the language instruction business, ELS. The segment operates through the following subsidiaries: Berlitz Corporation. In FY2016, the Language Learning segment reported revenues of JPY60,282.0 million, which accounted for 14.0% of the company's total revenue.
The Others segment operates the telemarketing business, mail-order sales business, information system maintenance and operation business, and information processing service business, among others. The group's subsidiaries operating in this segment include the following: TMJ, Inc., Benesse Corporation and Benesse InfoShell Co., Ltd. In FY2016, the Others segment reported revenues of JPY44,331.0 million, which accounted for 10.3% of the company's total revenue.
Benesse's other subsidiaries include the following: TMJ, Benesse Infoshell, Benesse Insurance Services, Naoshima Cultural Village, Benesse Business-mate, Benesse Socius and Value Communication Services (Shanghai).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Benesse Holdings, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Benesse Holdings, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Benesse Holdings, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Benesse Holdings, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Benesse Holdings, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Benesse Holdings, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Benesse Holdings, Inc.?
- How has Benesse Holdings, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Benesse Holdings, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Benesse Holdings, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Benesse Holdings, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Benesse Holdings, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years