Becton, Dickinson and Company is a provider of medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment and diagnostic products used by healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public.
The company operates in the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The company's business is classified into two segments: BD Medical (Medical) and BD life sciences (Life Sciences). The Medical segment produces an array of medical technologies and devices that are used in a range of healthcare settings.
The Medical Segment consists of four business units, namely, diabetes care, medication and procedural solutions, medication management solutions, and pharmaceutical systems. Principal product lines of diabetes care business unit include syringes, pen needles and intravenous (IV) sets for the injection or infusion of insulin and other drugs used in the treatment of diabetes.
Principal product lines of medication and procedural solutions business unit include needles, syringes and intravenous catheters for medication delivery (including safety-engineered and auto-disable devices); prefilled IV flush syringes; regional anesthesia needles and trays; sharps disposal containers; closed-system transfer devices; skin antiseptic products; and surgical and laproscopic instrumentation. Principal product lines of medication management solutions business unit include intravenous medication safety and infusion therapy delivery systems, including infusion pumps and dedicated disposables; medication compounding workflow systems; and automated medication dispensing and supply management systems. Principal product lines of pharmaceutical systems business unit include prefillable drug delivery systems provided to pharmaceutical companies and sold to end-users as drug/device combinations.
In FY2016, the Medical segment reported revenues of $8,654 million, which accounted for 69.3% of the company's total revenue. BD’s Life Sciences segment provides products for the safe collection and transport of diagnostics specimens, and instruments and reagent systems to detect a range of infectious diseases, healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and cancers. In addition, the segment produces research and clinical tools that facilitate the study of cells, and the components of cells, to gain understanding of normal and disease processes.
The primary customers served by BD Life Sciences are hospitals, laboratories and clinics; blood banks; healthcare workers; public health agencies; physicians’ office practices; academic and government institutions; and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The Life Sciences segment consists of three business units, namely, preanalytical systems, diagnostic systems, and biosciences. Principal product lines of preanalytical systems business unit include integrated systems for specimen collection; and safety-engineered blood collection products and systems.
Principal product lines of diagnostic systems business unit include automated blood culturing and tuberculosis culturing systems; molecular testing systems for infectious diseases and women’s health; microorganism identification and drug susceptibility systems; liquid-based cytology systems for cervical cancer screening; rapid diagnostic assays; microbiology laboratory automation; and plated media.
Principal product lines of biosciences business unit include fluorescence-activated cell sorters and analyzers; monoclonal antibodies and kits for performing cell analysis; reagent systems for life science research; molecular indexing and next-generation sequencing sample preparation for genomics research; clinical oncology, immunological (HIV) and transplantation diagnostic/monitoring reagents and analyzers; and cell culture media supplements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing. In FY2016, the Life Sciences segment reported revenues of $3,829 million, which accounted for 30.7% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Europe, Greater Asia, and Other.
In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 55.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe with 24.4%; Greater Asia with 13.6%; and Other with 6.8%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Becton, Dickinson in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Becton, Dickinson listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Becton, Dickinson’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Becton, Dickinson’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Becton, Dickinson’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Becton, Dickinson operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Becton, Dickinson?
- How has Becton, Dickinson performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Becton, Dickinson rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Becton, Dickinson strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Becton, Dickinson’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Becton, Dickinson? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years