BB Biotech is a Switzerland-based investment company, which focuses investment mainly on biotech companies globally. Its investments are focused on listed companies that are developing and commercializing medical treatments and therapies.
As on December 2016, BB Biotech invested in various sectors in biotechnology including oncology (39.2%), infectious diseases (7.2%), cardiovascular diseases (8.7%), metabolic diseases (11.0%), rare diseases (23.0%), neurological diseases (8.0%) and others (3.0%).
The company operates through one business segment, the holding of investments in companies active in the biotechnology industry.
As of December 2016, the company's top ten portfolio holdings include Celgene (12.7%), Gilead (6.3%), Actelion (8.1%), Incyte (12.4%), Alexion Pharmaceuticals (4.8%), Agios Pharmaceuticals (3.7%), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (10.5%), Radius Health (5.3%), Tesaro (4.2%) and Neurocrine Biosciences (3.9%).
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company that specializes in oncology and inflammatory diseases. With its Revlimid, the company was able to transform the treatment regimen for multiple myeloma (MM). Indicated for second- and third-line therapy, the drug could get its approval for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma, which is the patient pool within MM.
Gilead develops drugs primarily for infectious diseases such as HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C, as well as cancer.
Actelion is a Swiss biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the development of treatments for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).
Incyte is focused on hematologic disorders, inflammatory disorders, and cancer. Their marketed product is Jakafi, an oral JAK-2 inhibitor showed positive Phase II results in patients with myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera (PV), and essential thrombocythemia (ET).
Alexion Pharmaceuticals develops drugs for rare disorders. Its lead product, Soliris, was approved in the US and Europe in 2007 for paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH).
Agios Pharmaceuticals is focused on discovering and developing novel drugs to treat cancer and inborn errors of metabolism, or IEMs, which are rare genetic metabolic diseases, through scientific leadership in the field of cellular metabolism.
Isis Pharmaceuticals operates in the space of antisense. Antisense allows for the inhibition of protein production at the genetic level. Isis has various compounds in clinical development, many of which are being developed through partnerships.
Radius Health is focused on women’s health. Its lead product candidate is the subcutaneously delivered abaloparitide, a synthetic human PTHrP analogue.
Tesaro's lead product, Rolapitant, is a neurokinin-1 (NK-1) receptor antagonist used for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).
Neurocrine is a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on women’s health and CNS disorders. Its lead candidate, Elagolix, is an oral GnRH antagonist in development for the two indications, endometriosis and uterine fibroids.
BB Biotech's subsidiaries include Biotech Focus, Biotech Invest, Biotech Target and Biotech Growth.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of BB Biotech AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about BB Biotech AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines BB Biotech AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases BB Biotech AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of BB Biotech AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does BB Biotech AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of BB Biotech AG?
- How has BB Biotech AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does BB Biotech AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are BB Biotech AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are BB Biotech AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of BB Biotech AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years