Bausch & Lomb Incorporated is one of the leading healthcare brands in the world. It offers a wide range of eye health products such as contact lenses, surgery equipment and other related products. It operates in more than 100 countries worldwide. Bausch & Lomb is one of the largest manufacturers of cataract and vitreoretinal products. It operates as a part of the ophthalmology division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
The company classifies its product portfolio into eight categories: contact lenses, contact lens care, dry eye products, allergy/redness relief, rx pharmaceutical, eye vitamins, surgical products and vision accessories. The company's offerings in vision care category include contact lens with a range of wearing modalities.
Key brands in this category include PureVision, SofLens, Boston and Optima. Bausch & Lomb's lens care portfolio comprises Biotrue and ReNu brand of chemical disinfectants for soft contact lenses as well as the Boston line of products for cleaning gas permeable contact lenses. The pharmaceutical products are used for the treatment of various eye conditions including glaucoma, eye allergies, conjunctivitis, dry eye and retinal diseases.
It offers proprietary and generic medicines available by prescription, over-the-counter (OTC) eye drops and other medications. Proprietary products include the antibacterial eye drops Besivance, the steroid eye drops Lotemax, Alrex, and Zylet, and, Retisert and Vitrasert to treat retinal diseases. In the international markets, the company offers non-selective beta blocker, Carteol; Minims, a preservative-free single-dose drop; and Liposic, an ointment for dry eye. Bausch & Lomb's OTC products include the Ocuvite and PreserVision brands of ocular vitamins, Soothe dry eye drops, and Alaway allergy drops.
The company's offerings for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery include a range of IOLs and delivery systems featuring the Crystalens, SofPort and Akreos brands of IOLs, the Stellaris and Millennium lines of phacoemulsification equipment, and other surgical instruments and devices, including the Storz line of instruments. Through its contact lenses product category, the company offers lenses for astigmatism, presbyopia, nearsightedness and farsightedness, cataract patients and custom soft contact lenses. It also offers soft contact lenses for children and adults who have had cataract surgery.
Bausch & Lomb also provides a wide range of eyewear brands such as PureVision, SofLens, Boston, Optima and Silsoft. It offers Vision Shaping Treatment (VST) to correct vision in patients with nearsightedness, mild astigmatism and other defects. Bausch & Lomb’s contact lens care product portfolio includes the Boston and ReNu line of products for cleaning contact lenses. Its major lens care products include soft lens multi-purpose solutions; soft contact lens drops; GP lens multi-purpose solutions, other GP lens care and soft lens care products including saline eye solutions, eyes cleaner and leak proof lens case.
Dry eye products category of the company offers Soothe XP-Xtra protection emollient (lubricant) eye drops, Soothe long lasting eyes lubricant eye drops, Soothe hydration lubricant eye drops, Soothe preservative free lubricant eye drops, Soothe night time ointment, TheraPearl eye mask and Advanced eye relief dry eye rejuvenation.
It also offers solution for corneal edema. Its allergy/redness relief products include Alaway antihistamine eye drops; Opcon itching and redness reliever eye drops; advanced eye relief redness maximum; and advanced eye relief redness instant. Rx Pharmaceutical category products of the company are designed to treat a broad range of eye conditions, including glaucoma, eye allergies, conjunctivitis, dry eye and retinal diseases. Bausch & Lomb provides proprietary and generic medicines through prescription, over-the-counter eye drops and other medications.
Its range of proprietary prescription products include antibacterial eye drops Besivance, steroid eye drops Lotemax, Zylet and Alrex, Retisert and Vitrasert to treat retinal diseases. Bausch & Lomb also offers a comprehensive line of ocular nutritionals including age related eye vitamins and vitamins for general eye health. Cataract and vitreoretinal surgery product category of the company includes a broad line of intraocular lenses (IOLs) and delivery systems.
Its major trademarks are Crystalens, SofPort, and Akreos brands of IOLs; Stellaris and Millennium lines of phacoemulsification equipment; and other surgical equipment and instruments, including the Storz line of instruments. Through its vision accessories product category, the company offers consumer magnifiers, professional magnifiers, eyewear accessories, electronic device cleaning products and eyewear cleaning products.
The company also offers Safety and industrial cleaning products such as disposable lens cleaning stations, permanent lens cleaning stations, liquid cleaning fluids, pre-moistened cleaning tissues and tissue and cloth refills. Bausch & Lomb sells its products in over 100 countries across Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bausch and Lomb Incorporated in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bausch and Lomb Incorporated listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bausch and Lomb Incorporated’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bausch and Lomb Incorporated’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bausch and Lomb Incorporated’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bausch and Lomb Incorporated operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bausch and Lomb Incorporated?
- How has Bausch and Lomb Incorporated performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bausch and Lomb Incorporated rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bausch and Lomb Incorporated strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bausch and Lomb Incorporated’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bausch and Lomb Incorporated? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years