Bank of Hawaii Corporation is a US-based bank holding company, which offers a range of banking services through Bank of Hawaii (BOH). BOH is a provider of financial services to businesses, consumers and governments in Hawaii, Guam and other Pacific Islands. The bank operates around 70 branches and 456 automated teller machines (ATMs) in Hawaii. As at December 31, 2016, it had total assets of US$16.5 billion, net loans and leases of US$7.8 billion and total deposits of US$14.3 billion.
BHC conducts its business through four segments: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Services, and Treasury and Other. The Retail Banking Segment offers a range of financial products and services to consumers and small businesses.
The company's deposit products include checking, savings and time deposit accounts. Retail banking also offers retail insurance products. The bank's loan and lease products include residential mortgage loans, home equity lines of credit, automobile loans and leases, personal lines of credit, installment loans, small business loans and leases, and credit cards. In FY2016, the segment reported net revenue of US$334.8 million, which accounted for 54.4% of the company’s net revenue.
The Commercial Banking products include corporate banking, commercial real estate loans, commercial lease financing, auto dealer financing and deposit products. Bank of Hawaii Corporation offers its commercial lending and deposit products to middle-market and companies in Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. The company provides commercial real estate mortgage services to investors, developers and builders in Hawaii. It also provides merchant services to its small business customers.
In FY2016, the segment reported net revenue of US$183 million, which accounted for 29.8% of the company’s net revenue. The Investment Services Segment includes private banking, trust services, investment management and institutional investment advisory services. The company's private banking and personal trust group assists individuals and families in building and preserving the wealth by providing investment, credit and trust services. This segment also provides a full service brokerage offering equities, mutual funds, life insurance and annuity products.
In FY2016, the segment reported net revenue of US$82.1 million, which accounted for 13.4% of the company’s net revenue. The Treasury and Others Segment consists of corporate asset and liability management activities that include interest rate risk management and a foreign exchange business.
This segment's assets and liabilities consist of interest-bearing deposits, investment securities, federal funds sold and purchased, government deposits, and short and long-term borrowings. In FY2016, the segment reported net revenue of US$15 million, which accounted for 2.4% of the company’s net revenue.
BHC's subsidiaries include the following: Bank of Hawaii Leasing, Bankoh Investment Services, BOH Wholesale Insurance Agency, Bank of Hawaii Insurance Services, Bank of Hawaii International, Pacific Century Insurance Services, BOH Community Development Enterprise, RGA Corp and Pacific Century Life Insurance Corporation.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bank of Hawaii Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bank of Hawaii Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bank of Hawaii Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bank of Hawaii Corporation?
- How has Bank of Hawaii Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bank of Hawaii Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bank of Hawaii Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bank of Hawaii Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bank of Hawaii Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years