Bancolombia S.A. is a Columbia-based financial services company that offers banking products and services to individual and corporate customers. The bank primarily operates in Colombia, Panama, Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, the Cayman Islands, Peru and the US. The bank operates through the following nine segments: Banking Colombia, Banking Panama, Banking El Salvador, Banking Guatemala, Trust, Investment Banking, Brokerage, Off Shore, and All other.
Bancolombia's Banking Colombia segment provides retail and corporate banking products and services to individuals, companies, and national and local governments in Colombia. It offers specialized services to individuals and small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), the bank's retail sales force clients including personal, private, entrepreneurs, foreign residents and SMEs.
Bancolombia's corporate and government sales force sector covers agribusiness, commerce, manufacturing of supplies and materials, media, financial services, non-financial services, construction, government, and natural resources.
In FY2016, the Banking Colombia segment reported revenues of COP6,788,764 million, which accounted for 67.4% of the bank's total revenue. Bancolombia's Banking Panama segment provides retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals and companies in Panama through the Banistmo operation. This segment includes all the operations of Banistmo and its subsidiaries (except insurance operations), which are managed and monitored by the chief operating decision maker on a consolidated basis.
This segment is also responsible for the management of the bank’s proprietary trading activities, liquidity and distribution of treasury products and services to its client base in Panama. In FY2016, the Banking Panama segment reported revenues of COP757,666 million, which accounted for 7.5% of the bank's total revenue.
Bancolombia's Banking El Salvador segment provides retail and commercial banking products and services to individuals, companies and national and local governments in El Salvador. Banking El Salvador also includes operations of the following subsidiaries: Arrendadora Financiera S.A., Credibac S.A. de CV and Valores Banagricola S.A. de C.V. The segment also focuses on management of the bank's proprietary trading activities, liquidity and distribution of treasury products and services to its client base in El Salvador.
In FY2016, the Banking El Salvador segment reported revenues of COP750,982 million, which accounted for 7.5% of the bank's total revenue. Bancolombia's Banking Guatemala segment provides retail and commercial banking and insurance products and services to individuals, companies and national and local governments in Guatemala. It also under takes the management of the bank’s proprietary trading activities, liquidity and distribution of treasury products and services to its client base in Guatemala.
Its operations are conducted through Banco Agromercantil de Guatemala S.A., Mercom Bank Ltd., Seguros Agromercantil S.A., Financiera Agromercantil S.A., Agrovalores S.A., and Tarjeta Agromercantil S.A. In FY2016, the Banking Guatemala segment reported revenues of COP509,438 million, which accounted for 5.1% of the bank's total revenue. The bank's Trust segment provides trust services and asset management solutions to clients in Colombia and Peru through Fiduciaria Bancolombia and FiduPeru S.A. Sociedad Fiduciaria.
The segment offers products such as money market accounts, mutual and pension funds, private equity funds, payment trust, custody services, and corporate trust. In FY2016, the Trust segment reported revenues of COP246,868 million, which accounted for 2.5% of the bank's total revenue. Bancolombia's Investment Banking segment provides corporate and project finance advisory, underwriting, capital markets services and private equity management through Banca de Inversion Bancolombia S.A. Its customers include private and publicly-held corporations as well as government institutions.
In FY2016, the Investment Banking segment reported revenues of COP236,772 million, which accounted for 2.4% of the bank's total revenue. The bank's Brokerage segment provides brokerage, investment advisory and private banking services to individuals and institutions through Valores Bancolombia S.A. Bancolombia sells and distributes equities, futures, foreign currencies, fixed income securities, mutual funds and structured products.
In FY2016, the Brokerage segment reported revenues of COP158,483 million, which accounted for 1.6% of the bank's total revenue. Bancolombia's Off Shore segment provides offshore banking services to Colombian and Salvadorian customers through Bancolombia Panamá S.A., Bancolombia Caymán S.A., and Bancolombia Puerto Rico International, Inc. The bank offers loans to private sector companies, trade financing, lease financing, financing for industrial projects as well as a portfolio of cash management products, such as checking accounts, international collections and payments. Through its subsidiaries, the bank also offers investment opportunities, savings and checking accounts, time deposits and investment funds to its clients and private banking customers.
In FY2016, the Off Shore segment reported revenues of COP12,064 million, which accounted for 0.1% of the bank's total revenue. The bank's All Other segments provides financial and operational leases activities, including cross-border and international leasing services to clients in Colombia, Central America, Mexico and Brazil. Its operations are conducted through Renting Colombia S.A., Arrendamiento Operativo CIB S.A.C., Leasing Perú S.A., Transportempo S.A.S., Capital Investment Safi S.A. and Fondo de Inversión en Arrendamiento Operativo Renting Perú.
This segment also includes results from small operation of particular investment vehicles of Bancolombia: Valores Simesa S.A., BIBA Inmobiliaria S.A.S., Inversiones CFNS S.A.S., Sistema de Inversiones y Negocios S.A. Sinesa, Banagrícola S.A., Inversiones Financieras Banco Agrícola and others.
In FY2016, the All Other Segment’s reported revenues of COP604,565 million, which accounted for 6% of the bank's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into seven segments, namely Colombia, Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Peru, Costa Rica. In FY2016, Colombia segment accounted for 75.8% of the bank's total revenues, followed by Panama with 12.3%; El Salvador with 5.8%; Guatemala with 5.6%; Puerto Rico with 0.4%; and Peru with 0.1%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Bancolombia S.A. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Bancolombia S.A. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Bancolombia S.A.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Bancolombia S.A.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Bancolombia S.A.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Bancolombia S.A. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Bancolombia S.A.?
- How has Bancolombia S.A. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Bancolombia S.A. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Bancolombia S.A. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Bancolombia S.A.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Bancolombia S.A.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us