Banco Santander-Chile provides commercial and retail banking services in Chile. It also provides Chilean Peso and foreign currency denominated loans to finance commercial transactions, trade, foreign currency forward contracts and credit lines, and mortgage financing. The bank operates 423 total branches, 274 of which are operated under the Santander brand name, with the remaining branches under certain specialty brand names, including 39 under the Santander Banefe brand name, eight branches for the Middle Market, 53 under the Select brand name, and 49 as auxiliary and payment centers.
The bank operates through four business segments: Retail Banking, Middle-Market, Global Corporate Banking, and Corporate Activities (Other).
The bank’s Retail Banking segment serves individuals and small to middle-sized entities (SMEs) with annual sales less than CLP2,000 million. This segment gives customers a variety of services, including consumer loans, credit cards, auto loans, commercial loans, foreign exchange, mortgage loans, debit cards, checking accounts, savings products, mutual funds, stock brokerage, and insurance brokerage. Additionally, the SME clients are offered government guaranteed loans, leasing and factoring. In FY2016, the Retail Banking segment reported revenues of CLP1,127,950 million, which accounted for 73.4% of the bank's total revenue.
The Middle-Market segment serves companies and large corporations with annual sales exceeding CLP2,000 million. It serves institutions such as universities, government entities, local and regional governments and companies engaged in the real estate industry who carry out projects to sell properties to third parties and annual sales exceeding CLP800 million with no upper limit. This segment offers many products including commercial loans, leasing, factoring, foreign trade, credit cards, mortgage loans, checking accounts, transactional services, treasury services, financial consulting, savings products, mutual funds, and insurance brokerage. Also, the bank offers specialized services in the real estate industry to finance projects. In FY2016, the Middle-Market segment reported revenues of CLP275,811 million, which accounted for 18% of the bank's total revenue.
The Global Corporate Banking segment consists of foreign and domestic multinational companies with sales over CLP10,000 million. It offers several products including commercial loans, leasing, factoring, foreign trade, credit cards, mortgage loans, checking accounts, transactional services, treasury services, financial consulting, investments, savings products, mutual funds and insurance brokerage. This segment also consists of a treasury division, which provides financial products, mainly to companies in the Middle-Market segment and Global Corporate Banking. These include products such as short-term financing and fund raising, brokerage services, derivatives, securitization and other tailor-made products. In FY2016, the Global Corporate Banking segment reported revenues of CLP120,182 million, which accounted for 7.8% of the bank's total revenue.
The Corporate Activities (Other) segment mainly includes the bank’s Financial Management Division, which develops global management functions, including managing inflation rate risk, foreign currency gaps, interest rate risk and liquidity risk. Liquidity risk is managed mainly through wholesale deposits, debt issuances and the bank’s available-for-sale portfolio. This segment also manages capital allocation by unit. In addition, this segment encompasses all the intra-segment income and all the activities not assigned to a given segment or product with customers. In FY2016, the Corporate Activities (Other) segment reported revenues of CLP11,847 million, which accounted for 0.8% of the bank's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Banco Santander-Chile in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Banco Santander-Chile listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Banco Santander-Chile’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Banco Santander-Chile’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Banco Santander-Chile’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Banco Santander-Chile operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Banco Santander-Chile?
- How has Banco Santander-Chile performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Banco Santander-Chile rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Banco Santander-Chile strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Banco Santander-Chile’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Banco Santander-Chile? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years