Balchem Corporation is engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, medical sterilization and industrial markets. The company has operations in the US, Canada, Italy and the Netherlands.
The company operates through four business segments: Human Nutrition and Health, Animal Nutrition and Health, Specialty Products, and Industrial Products.
Balchem's Human Nutrition and Health segment provides ingredients in the food and beverage industry. The products include creamer systems; dairy replacers; powdered fats; nutritional beverage bases; beverages; juice and dairy bases; chocolate systems; ice cream bases and variegates; ready-to-eat cereals; grain based snacks; and cereal based ingredients. The Human Nutrition and Health segment also produces and market human grade choline nutrient products. In FY2016, the Human Nutrition and Health segment reported revenues of USD297.1 million, which accounted for 53.7% of the company's total revenue.
The company, through its Animal Nutrition and Health segment, provides the animal nutrition and health with nutritional products derived from microencapsulation and chelation technologies. The segment sells AminoShure-M, ReaShure, NitroShure, NiaShure, VitaShure, KeyShure and SoluKey. The Animal Nutrition and Health segment also manufactures and supplies choline chloride, a nutrient for animal health, predominantly for the poultry, pet and swine industries. The segment also sells certain derivatives of choline chloride for industrial applications predominately as a component for hydraulic fracturing of shale natural gas wells. The Animal Nutrition and Health segment manufactures and sells methylamines for the manufacture of choline products and industrial applications. In FY2016, the Animal Nutrition and Health segment reported revenues of USD161.1 million, which accounted for 29.1% of the company's total revenue.
Balchem's specialty products segment supplies ethylene oxide as a sterile gas to the healthcare industry. The segment also supplies ethylene oxide blends and propylene oxide for other applications. The customers of this product line include contract sterilizers and medical device manufacturers. In addition, the segment also sells single use canisters with ethylene oxide for use in medical device sterilization as a fumigant for killing bacteria, fungi, and insects in spices and other seasoning materials. The specialty products segment sells propylene oxide as a fumigant to control insects and microbiological spoilage; and reduce bacterial and mold contamination in shell and processed nut meats (except peanuts), processed spices, cacao beans, cocoa powder, raisins, figs and prunes. In FY2016, the Specialty Products segment reported revenues of USD70.1 million, which accounted for 12.7% of the company's total revenue.
The company's industrial products segment sells and manufactures derivatives of choline chloride to industrial applications for hydraulic fracturing of shale natural gas wells. The industrial grade choline bicarbonate is chloride free and choline chloride reduces the amount of chlorides released into the environment compared to potassium chloride. The industrial products segment also includes the manufacture and sale of methylamines, a building block for the manufacture of choline products. In FY2016, the Industrial Products segment reported revenues of USD24.8 million, which accounted for 4.5% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, Balchem classifies its operations into two segments, namely United States and Foreign Countries. In FY2016, United States segment accounted for 76.1% of the company's total revenues, followed by Foreign Countries with 23.9%.
Balchem's subsidiaries include: Aberco, Inc., Albion International, Inc., Balchem BV, Balchem Italia Srl, Balchem Ltd., BCP Ingredients, Inc., SensoryEffects Cereal Systems, Inc. and SensoryEffects, Inc.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Balchem Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Balchem Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Balchem Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Balchem Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Balchem Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Balchem Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Balchem Corporation?
- How has Balchem Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Balchem Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Balchem Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Balchem Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Balchem Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years