Baker Hughes Incorporated is a Delaware corporation engaged in the oilfield services industry. In addition, it provides industrial products and services to the downstream chemicals, and process and pipeline industries. Baker Hughes operates in the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. Baker Hughes operates through five business segments: North America; Middle East/Asia Pacific; Europe/Africa/Russia; Latin America; and industrial services.
The main products and services provided by oilfield operations fall into one of two categories: drilling and evaluation or completion and production. The drilling and evaluation products and services consist of the following: drill bits; drilling services; wireline services; and drilling and completion fluids. Drill bits includes Tricone, polycrystalline diamond compact (PDC) or 'diamond', and Kymera hybrid drill bits used for performance drilling, hole enlargement and coring.
Drilling services includes conventional and rotary steerable systems used to drill wells directionally and horizontally; measurement-while-drilling and logging-while-drilling systems used to perform reservoir navigation services; drilling optimization services; tools for coil tubing drilling and wellbore re-entry systems; coring drilling systems; and surface logging. Wireline services includes tools for both open hole and cased hole well logging used to gather data to perform petro-physical and geophysical analysis, reservoir evaluation coring, casing perforation, fluid characterization, production logging, well integrity testing, pipe recovery, and seismic and micro-seismic services.
Drilling and completion fluids include emulsion and water-based drilling fluids systems, reservoir drill-in fluids, and fluids environmental services. The completion and production products and services consist of the following: completion systems; wellbore intervention; intelligent production systems; artificial lift; upstream chemicals; and pressure pumping. Completion systems includes products and services used to control the flow of hydrocarbons within a wellbore including sand control systems, liner hangers, wellbore isolation, expandable tubulars, multilaterals, safety systems, packers and flow control, and tubing conveyed perforating. Wellbore intervention includes products and services used in existing wellbores to improve their performance including thru-tubing fishing, thru-tubing inflatables, conventional fishing, casing exit systems, production injection packers, remedial and stimulation tools, and wellbore cleanup.
The company's intelligent production systems includes products and services used to monitor and dynamically control the production from individual wells or fields including production decisions services, chemical injection services, well monitoring services, intelligent well systems, and artificial lift monitoring.
Artificial lift includes electric submersible pump systems; progressing cavity pump systems; gas lift systems; and surface horizontal pumping systems used to lift large volumes of oil and water when a reservoir is no longer able to flow on its own. Upstream chemicals include chemicals and chemical application systems to provide flow assurance, integrity management and production management for upstream hydrocarbon production.
The pressure pumping includes cementing, stimulation, including hydraulic fracturing, and coil tubing services used in the completion of new oil and natural gas wells and in remedial work on existing wells, both onshore and offshore.
The company also provides project solutions to its customers through the integrated operations group. The integrated operations group is focused on the execution of projects that have one or more of the following attributes: project management, well site supervision, well construction, intervention, third party contractor management, procurement, and rig management. The industrial services segment consists primarily of the company's downstream chemicals and process and pipeline services businesses.
Downstream chemicals provide products and services that help to increase refinery production, as well as improve plant safety and equipment reliability. Process and pipeline services works to improve efficiency and reduce downtime with inspection, pre-commissioning and commissioning of new and existing pipeline systems and process plants.
The company manages its oilfield operations through four geographic segments consisting of the US and Canada (collectively ‘North America’), Middle East/Asia Pacific, Europe/Africa/Russia Caspian and Latin America. The US, Baker Hughes's largest geographical market, accounted for 29.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached $2,875 million in FY2016, a decrease of 50.4% compared to FY2015. Canada and other accounted for 6.1% of the total revenues in FY2016.
Revenues from Canada and other reached $598 million in FY2016, a decrease of 28.7% compared to FY2015. Middle East/Asia Pacific accounted for 29.5% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Middle East/Asia Pacific reached $2,905 million in FY2016, a decrease of 21.5% compared to FY2015. Europe/Africa/Russia Caspian accounted for 25% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Europe/Africa/Russia Caspian reached $2,457 million in FY2016, a decrease of 30.9% compared to FY2015. Latin America accounted for 10.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Latin America reached $1,006 million in FY2016, a decrease of 45.5% compared to FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Baker Hughes Incorporated in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Baker Hughes Incorporated listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Baker Hughes Incorporated’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Baker Hughes Incorporated’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Baker Hughes Incorporated’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Baker Hughes Incorporated operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Baker Hughes Incorporated?
- How has Baker Hughes Incorporated performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Baker Hughes Incorporated rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Baker Hughes Incorporated strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Baker Hughes Incorporated’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Baker Hughes Incorporated? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years