Baidu, Inc. is a technology-based media company engaged in providing Chinese language internet search through its website Baidu.com. The company serves the internet search users and also provides a platform for businesses to reach potential customers. The company primarily operates in China.
The company operates through three reportable segments: search services, transaction services, and iQiyi. Search services segment includes keyword-based marketing services targeted at and triggered by internet users’ search queries, which mainly include pay-for-performance (P4P) services and other online marketing services. Baidu’s web search allows users to locate information through search queries; Baidu Image Search enables users to search for images on the internet; Baidu Post Bar is a social media platform that attracts users through topics of common interest; Baidu Knows provides users with a query-based searchable community to share knowledge and experiences; Baidu Encyclopedia is an encyclopedia compiled by registered users; Baidu WenKu is an online document sharing platform; Hao123.com is a website directory navigation site; Baidu Mobile Search enables users to access search and community-based products and services using mobile devices; Baidu Mobile Assistant is a mobile application; Baidu Mobile Browser is a mobile internet browser; Baidu Mobile Guardian is a phone security software; BrandZone is a branding display marketing product; and Aladdin is a form of commercialization of Baidu data open platform.
As of December 31, 2016, the search services segment reported revenue of CNY55,375 million, including inter-segment revenue, or 77.3% of the company’s total revenue. Transaction services segment include Baidu Nuomi, Baidu Takeout Delivery, Baidu Maps, Baidu Connect, Baidu Wallet and others. Baidu Nuomi offers services and products to its users, including entertainment, dining, hotel reservation, health and beauty services; Baidu Takeout Delivery is an online platform to place food delivery orders with restaurants; Baidu Maps integrates map data from third-party suppliers and web; Baidu Navigation is a professional navigation application that can be used in both offline and online modes; and Baidu Wallet provides online and mobile payment services.
As of December 31, 2016, the transaction services segment reported revenue of CNY4,894.4 million, including inter-segment revenue, or 6.9% of the company’s total revenue. iQiyi is an online video platform with a content library that includes licensed movies, television series, cartoons, variety shows and other programs. As of December 31, 2016, the iQiyi segment reported revenue of CNY11,283.3 million, including inter-segment revenue, or 15.8% of the company’s total revenue. The company serves four types of online participants: users, customers, Baidu union members and content providers.
Users use Baidu’s Chinese language search platform to find relevant information online, including web pages, news, images, documents and multimedia files, through links provided on its website. Baidu delivers online marketing services to customers, including SMEs throughout China, large domestic companies and Chinese divisions and subsidiaries of large, multinational companies in a variety of industries. In 2016, the company had approximately 982,000 active online marketing customers. Baidu Union consists of a large number of third-party web content, software and mobile application providers.
The company allows Baidu Union members to display Baidu customers' promotional links on their properties. It also allows Baidu Union members to provide relevant search results to their users and to monetize their traffic through revenue sharing arrangements. The company’s content providers mainly consist of video copyright holders, map data owners, apps owners, users and self-media authors such as those who publish their content through Baijiahao accounts. These content providers contribute rich contents and resources to Baidu’s content ecosystem.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Baidu, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Baidu, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Baidu, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Baidu, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Baidu, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Baidu, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Baidu, Inc.?
- How has Baidu, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Baidu, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Baidu, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Baidu, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Baidu, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years