Badger Meter Inc is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of flow measurement and control products, serving water and gas utilities, municipalities, and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. The company’s operations are spread across the US, Canada, Singapore, Mexico, China, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Germany. The company operates its business through two product categories: municipal water (water utility), flow instrumentation. Badger Meter's municipal water product line includes mechanical and electronic (static) water meters, and related technologies and services.
The company's residential and commercial water meters are available in two variations manually read meters and remotely read meters through radio technology. Under municipal water segment the company offers ORION family of radio endpoints including ORIONMigratable (ME), BEACON AMA Managed Solution, ORION Fixed Network (SE) and ORION Cellular. The water meters, related technologies and services offered by the company finds application in residential and commercial sectors. In FY2016, the municipal water category reported revenue of US$304.5 million, which accounted for 77.3% of company’s total revenue.
The company's flow instrumentation product line includes meters and valves. These products find application in measuring and controlling the flow of materials, which includes air, steam, oil, water and other liquids and gases in a closed conduit. Badger Meter’s products and technologies are deployed in various industrial sectors heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), automotive, construction, chemical and petrochemical, oil and gas; water or wastewater, food and beverage; and pharmaceutical. Additionally, Badger Meter's specialty products include sales of radio technology to natural gas utilities for installation on gas meters and concrete vibrators. In FY2016, the flow instrumentation category reported revenue of US$89.3 million, which accounted for 22.7% of company’s total revenue. The company markets its products under the brands of Hedland, E-Series, AquaCUE , Coriolis, Flo-tech, Blancett, Cox, Preso, Dynasonics, BEACON, Preso, Vision, Flow Dynamics, Research Control, OP Meters, ORION, Recordall, Vortex, and Wyco.
It distributes its products through resellers and representatives along with sales offices. Badger Meter has manufacturing facilities in Neuffen, Germany, ogales, Mexico, Brno, Czech Republic and Bern, Switzerland. In FY2016, the company invested USD10.6 million in research and development activities, which accounted for 2.7% of the total revenue. Badger Meter classifies its business operations into seven geographic areas: the US, Asia, Canada, Europe, Mexico, Middle East and Other. In FY2016, the company generated 88.3% of the total revenue from the US, followed by Asia (1.7%), Canada (3.2%), Europe (3.9%), Mexico (0.9), Middle East (1.4%) and other (0.6%).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Badger Meter, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Badger Meter, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Badger Meter, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Badger Meter, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Badger Meter, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Badger Meter, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Badger Meter, Inc.?
- How has Badger Meter, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Badger Meter, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Badger Meter, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Badger Meter, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Badger Meter, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years