Axiall Corporation is engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals and building products. The company provides a breadth of chemistries and derivatives essential to the creation of a vast array of consumer, professional, and industrial products and applications. The company has its operations in the US, Canada and Asia.
The company operates its business through three segments: chlorovinyls, building products and aromatics.
Axiall's chlorovinyls segment produces a highly integrated chain of products, including chlor-alkali and derivative products such as chlorine, caustic soda, vinylchloride monomer (VCM), vinyl resins, ethylene dichloride (EDC), chlorinated solvents, calcium hypochlorite, hydrochloric acid (HCL), phosgene derivatives and compound products such as vinyl compounds and compound additives and plasticizers.
The company's compound products include vinyl compounds which are highly customized formulations that offer specific end-use properties based on customer-determined manufacturing specifications. These are used in many different applications, including wire and cable insulation and jacketing, electrical outlet boxes and pipe fittings, window and furniture profiles and food-grade and general-purpose bottles. The company also supplies chlorinated vinyl compounds to the extrusion and injection molding markets, mainly for the production of hot water pipe and pipe fittings.
In addition, the compound additives and plasticizers that the company produces include lubricants, stabilizers, impact modifiers, plasticizers and process aids used in the production of compounds, and which are part of the typical compound formulations.
Chlorovinyls segment's operating facilities include Lake Charles, Louisiana Facilities. The Lake Charles North Facility produces VCM, which is then supplied to the Aberdeen, Mississippi facility. The chlorine needs of the Lake Charles North Facility are generally supplied by pipeline from the Lake Charles South Facility. Lake Charles South Facility primarily produces caustic soda, chlorine and VCM along with a variety of other chlor-alkali and derivative products. The operations at Plaquemine, Louisiana Facility include the production of chlorine, caustic soda, EDC, VCM and vinyl resins. The salt brine requirements for this facility are supplied through pipeline. The company uses all of the chlorine production at this facility in the manufacture of VCM at this facility.
The company produces chlorine, caustic soda, hydrogen, calcium hypochlorite and HCL at the Natrium, West Virginia facility. Axiall produces chlorine, caustic soda, hydrogen and HCL at the Longview, Washington and Beauharnois, Quebec facilities. The company produce chlorine, caustic soda, hydrogen, HCL and sodium hypochlorite (bleach) at the Kaohsiung, Taiwan facility. The Kaohsiung, Taiwan facility is operated by Taiwan Chlorine Industries (TCI), a joint venture in which the company owns a 60% interest. Axiall also operates a LaPorte, Texas facility at which the company produces phosgene derivatives, HCL and other specialty chemicals. In addition, the company has six vinyl compound facilities located in Aberdeen, Gallman, Madison and Prairie, Mississippi and Vaughan and Bradford, Ontario.
The company's building products segment consists of two primary product groups: window and door profiles and trim, mouldings and deck products; and outdoor building products, which includes siding and exterior accessories, pipe and pipe fittings. The vinyl-based home improvement and building products are marketed under the Royal Building Products, Celect Cellular Exteriors, Zuri Premium Decking, Royal Kor Flo, Overture patio doors, Genesis Cellular Window System, Royal S4S Trimboard and Exterior Portfolio brand names.
The company's window and door profiles products comprise frames, sashes, trim and other components, vinyl patio door components and fabricated patio doors. Axiall also manufactures and markets extruded decorative mouldings and millwork. It offers decorative trim products used for interior mouldings, including crown, base and chair rail. For exterior mouldings, the company's products are used in applications, including brick mouldings, and the components are also used in the fabrication of doors, windows and spas. Axiall also offers bendable trim and paintable and stainable trim.
Axiall's outdoor building products include siding products, pipe and pipe fittings, deck, fence and rail products. The company manufactures vinyl siding, and offers a range of accessories including vinyl soffit, aluminum soffit, fascia and trim, molded vent mounts and exterior shutters. The company manufactures pipe and pipe fittings for the municipal and electrical markets, and plumbing applications. Its municipal pipe and pipe fittings product lines are used in potable water applications and for storm and sewer applications. Axiall's plumbing lines are used in residential and industrial applications to move storm and sanitary wastewater from the building to the municipal sewer at the property line. The company also offers electrical, pipe, conduit and fittings in a range of sizes and configurations.
In the building products segment, the company currently operates 20 manufacturing facilities located in Canada and the US. In addition, Axiall operates distribution centers, some of which are co-located with manufacturing plants. Vinyl resins and vinyl compounds as well as compound additives from the plants operated by the chlorovinyls segment are supplied to the building products facilities by truck or rail.
The aromatics segment manufactures products including cumene, phenol and acetone. The company's cumene is used as an intermediary to make phenol, acetone, and other specialty chemicals and can be sold as an additive for gasoline blending. Axiall sells phenol to the producers of phenolic resins, engineering plastics and specialty chemicals. The company also sells phenol for the use in insulation, electrical parts, oil additives, and chemical intermediates. Axiall offers acetone, a co-product of phenol that is used in the production of acrylic resins, engineering plastics and industrial solvents, and as solvents for automotive and industrial applications to pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
In October 2015, Axiall sold its aromatics division and Pasadena, Texas, manufacturing facility to INEOS Americas for approximately $62.9 million.
Some of the company's subsidiaries include Georgia Gulf Lake Charles, Royal Mouldings, Royal Plastics Group (the US), Rome Delaware Corporation, Plastic Trends, Royal Window and Door Profiles Plant 13, Royal Window and Door Profiles Plant 14, and Exterior Portfolio, among others.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Axiall Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Axiall Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Axiall Corporation ’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Axiall Corporation ’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Axiall Corporation ’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Axiall Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Axiall Corporation ?
- How has Axiall Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Axiall Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Axiall Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Axiall Corporation ’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Axiall Corporation ? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years