Aveng Ltd is a South Africa based company, engaged in providing a range of construction, infrastructure and engineering products; and services and solutions to construction, engineering, mining, water, transportation, rail, steel and manufacturing industries.
The company operates through four segments: construction and engineering; mining; manufacturing and processing; and others and eliminations. Aveng's construction and engineering segment is subdivided on the basis of regions including South Africa and rest of Africa; Australasia and Asia. The company's South Africa and rest of Africa business segment comprises Aveng Grinaker-LTA, Aveng Engineering and Aveng Capital Partners (ACP).
Aveng Grinaker-LTA is a construction and engineering group that serves market sectors including power, mining, infrastructure, commercial and industrial, oil and gas. Aveng Engineering offers a process technology design and sourcing ability. Aveng's Australasia and Asia business segment comprises of McConnell Dowell's Australia and overseas construction, tunneling, electrical and pipeline divisions. McConnell Dowell is an engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor that serves the building, infrastructure and resources markets in building, rail, civil, electrical, marine, mechanical pipelines, fabrication, tunneling and underground sectors.
In FY2017, the Construction and Engineering segment recorded revenue of ZAR12,059 million, which accounted for 51.4% of the company’s total revenue including others and eliminations. The company's mining segment consists of Aveng Moolmans and Aveng Mining Shafts & Underground. Aveng Mining offers services across the mining value chain, from shaft sinking, underground development, contract mining and surface mining, to construction of mine infrastructure.
In FY2017, the Mining segment recorded revenue of ZAR4,184 million, which accounted for 17.8% of the company’s total revenue including others and eliminations. Aveng's manufacturing and processing segment comprises of Aveng Manufacturing and Aveng Steel subsidiaries. The company manufactures and supplies a range of steel products and services to the construction, mining and automotive sectors; concrete products to the construction sector; services and engineered solutions to mining, water, oil and gas and construction clients; and rail construction and maintenance services to the transport sector. Aveng's Steel supplies a range of products to the steel, construction and automotive industries from its steel yards, processing centers and manufacturing plants.
In FY2017, the Manufacturing and Processing segment recorded revenue of ZAR7,936 million, which accounted for 33.8% of the company ‘s total revenue including others and eliminations. The company's others and eliminations segment comprises of corporate services, corporate held investments, including properties and consolidation eliminations. In FY2017, this segment generated no revenue. Aveng through its subsidiaries operates in the Americas, Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Geographically, South Africa accounted for 65.1% followed by New Zealand 11%, Southeast Asia 10.2%, Rest of Africa including Mauritius 7.3%, Australia 5.2%, and the Middle East and Other regions accounted for1.2% of the total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Aveng Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Aveng Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Aveng Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Aveng Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Aveng Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Aveng Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Aveng Limited?
- How has Aveng Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Aveng Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Aveng Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Aveng Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Aveng Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years