AutoZone, Inc. is engaged in retailing and distribution of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The company's stores offer a number of products, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products, for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks. As of FY2016, the company operated a total of 5,297 stores in the US and Puerto Rico, 483 in Mexico, eight in Brazil and 26 Interamerican Motor Corporation (IMC) branches.
AutoZone operates through two segments: Auto Parts Locations and Other.
The Auto Parts Locations segment is a retailer and distributor of automotive parts and accessories through the company's 5,814 stores in the US, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Brazil. Each location carries an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. The company also operates hub stores, which offer a greater range of parts and products desired by professional technicians.
AutoZone also provides specialty tools through Loan-A-Tool program, which allows customers to borrow a specialty tool, which a customer generally uses only once. Additionally, the company offers other free services, including check engine light readings where allowed by law, battery charging, the collection of used oil for recycling, and the testing of starters, alternators and batteries.
All AutoZone stores have Z-net, a proprietary electronic catalog that provides parts information based on the year, make, and model and engine type of a vehicle and also tracks inventory availability at the store, at other nearby stores and through special order. The stores also utilize computerized proprietary Store Management System, which includes bar code scanning and point-of-sale data collection terminals. The store management system provides administrative assistance and improved personnel scheduling at the store level, as well as enhanced merchandising information and improved inventory control. In FY2016, the Auto Parts Locations segment reported revenues of $10,261.1 million, which accounted for 96.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Other segment includes the company's business activities that are not separately reportable. The business include ALLDATA which produces, sells and maintains diagnostic and repair information software used in the automotive repair industry, and e-commerce, which includes direct sales to customers through www.autozone.com; and AutoAnything, which includes direct sales to customers through www.autoanything.com.
In addition, the company's commercial sales program provides commercial credit and delivery of parts and other products to local, regional and national repair garages, dealers, service stations and public sector accounts. The company also provides direct commercial sales through www.autozonepro.com. In FY2016, the Other segment reported revenues of $374.6 million, which accounted for 3.5% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AutoZone, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AutoZone, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AutoZone, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AutoZone, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AutoZone, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AutoZone, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AutoZone, Inc.?
- How has AutoZone, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AutoZone, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AutoZone, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AutoZone, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AutoZone, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years