AutoNation, Inc. is one of the largest automotive retailers in the US. It provides a diversified range of automotive products and services that include new and used vehicles, automotive parts and automotive repair and maintenance services. In addition, the company also provides wholesale parts and collision businesses and automotive finance and insurance products, which includes vehicle service and other protection products, as well as arranging of financing for vehicle purchases through third-party finance sources. AutoNation primarily operates through three business segments: import, domestic and premium luxury.
In addition, the company also has corporate and other segment. The company's import segment is comprised of retail automotive franchises that sell new vehicles manufactured primarily by Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. As of December 31, 2016, the import segment sold 150,005 new vehicles and contributed revenue of US$6,886.1 million or 31.9% of the company’s total revenue. The domestic segment is comprised of retail automotive franchises that sell new vehicles manufactured by General Motors, Ford, and FCA US (formerly Chrysler).
As of December 31, 2016, the domestic segment sold 118,867 new vehicles and contributed revenue of US$7,810 million or 36.1% of the company’s total revenue. AutoNation's premium luxury segment is comprised of retail automotive franchises that sell new vehicles manufactured primarily by Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Lexus, and Audi. The franchises in each segment also sell used vehicles, parts and automotive repair and maintenance services, and automotive finance and insurance products. As of December 31, 2016, the premium luxury segment sold 68,750 new vehicles and contributed revenue of US$6,665.3 million or 30.8% of the company’s total revenue.
Additionally, AutoNation's corporate and other segment includes collision centers and an auction operation. Moreover, AutoNation offers its customers various vehicle protection products, including extended service contracts, maintenance programs, guaranteed auto protection, tire and wheel protection, and theft protection products. The company's stores also offer a wide range of vehicle maintenance, repair and collision repair services, including warranty work that can be performed only at franchised dealerships and customer-pay service work.
As of December 31, 2016, the corporate and other segment contributed revenue of US$ 247.6 million or 1.1% of the company’s total revenue. The company sells 35 brands of new vehicles through its stores, including Toyota (including Lexus), Ford, Honda, Nissan, General Motors, Mercedes Benz, FCA US, BMW, and Volkswagen (including Audi and Porsche), among others. The core brands of new vehicles represented approximately 94% of the new vehicles that were sold in 2016. As of December 31, 2016, the company operated 371 new vehicle franchises from 260 stores across the US.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AutoNation, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AutoNation, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AutoNation, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AutoNation, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AutoNation, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AutoNation, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AutoNation, Inc.?
- How has AutoNation, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AutoNation, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AutoNation, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AutoNation, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AutoNation, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years